The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

I was referring to the point that its not the end of the world. Things get back to normal. The outcome rather than the cause.

It's idiotic all this Trump hysteria. He'll be President for a few years. He's not the USA, he's the temporary leader.

Unless there are some people who want to damage our relationship with the USA because they are still sulking about his win and Brexit.

So 'He's doing very well', not really true though, is it?

I don't know how many times it has to be said. We are leaving the EU, leaving the SM and the CU.

The government has said it. The leave campaign said it. The leaflet said it. David Cameron said it. George Osbourn said it.

I don't believe you unless I see evidence...

---------- Post added 25-01-2018 at 17:24 ----------

I don't know, but I'd guess they don't grow turnips in Africa.

Do you know what they do grow?

1. I'm not old

2. I'm not bitter.

3. I've done well.

4. Work in mid management in a responsible job.

5. I have a degree (hons)

Personal attacks are a sign of the defeated.

Better get used to it on this forum LCP, it's a regular occurance. The thicker your skin, the better. :rolleyes:

Angel1

It did the same when Obama was President. He's doing very well. If you just took the hate from your soul and looked at things without bias.

---------- Post added 25-01-2018 at 17:49 ----------

Ok then I bid you goodbye.

---------- Post added 25-01-2018 at 17:53 ----------

Free trade.... you know that what everyone keeps alleging we have with the EU, but we don't really because we give them £100m a week.

I'd recommend you listen to the Nigel Farage show on LBC 10-12 Sunday mornings. He has them all on... Campbell, Adonis, Miller all them sorts, so it's not just a echo chamber...

His show 7-8 Monday to Thursdays is also good. There's more Europhile phone calls on this, which are fun. Listen and learn. You may even convert to the light side...

Trade with the EU is zero tariff.

Don’t try and inject some ridiculous bogus statistic into the argument around our contributions, which are not not related to tariffs.

---------- Post added 25-01-2018 at 21:18 ----------

Trump thinks trade will increase both ways, and that is some how good for both parties.

Trump thinks babies being born at 9 months gestation has got to stop.

He’s mental.

Do you know what they do grow?

No but I know a man who does. I'm not being funny but its 2017, there are ways of finding out.

https://www.google.co.uk/?gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=DTxqWpntG4WGgAb5pZOwAQ

Better get used to it on this forum LCP, it's a regular occurance. The thicker your skin, the better. :rolleyes:

Angel1

I'm not really that fussed about a load of pinny wearing blokes to be honest :hihi:

Trade with the EU is zero tariff.

Don’t try and inject some ridiculous bogus statistic into the argument around our contributions, which are not not related to tariffs.

Its not free trade. Its not rocket science. We pay subs to be in the club.

---------- Post added 25-01-2018 at 20:27 ----------

And since the company came to the conclusion that could happen, and the Govt despite all it's fannying about hasnt made it clear - they've took the plunge and paid off the workforce. They got perhaps a year longer than expected but they are gone. I think thats a consequence of Brexit dont you?

Who knows. As I said they could be using Brexit as an excuse.

If they have sympathy for those adversarily effected by the EU... the wage compression, the fishermen...etc. Then they have my sympathy. If they don't I couldn't care less.

Anyway, there are plenty of jobs about. The Fishing industry will be hiring soon. Tell them to ditch the pony-tail and bum-bag and get on board. Or fruit picking? All the EU nationals are scarpering, so they say... Amazon? Warehouse work? Plenty of work about for those who want it.

Edited by LowCostPoint

No but I know a man who does. I'm not being funny but its 2017, there are ways of finding out.

https://www.google.co.uk/?gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=DTxqWpntG4WGgAb5pZOwAQ

I'm not really that fussed about a load of pinny wearing blokes to be honest :hihi:

Its not free trade. Its not rocket science. We pay subs to be in the club.

---------- Post added 25-01-2018 at 20:27 ----------

Who knows. As I said they could be using Brexit as an excuse.

If they have sympathy for those adversarily effected by the EU... the wage compression, the fishermen...etc. Then they have my sympathy. If they don't I couldn't care less.

Anyway, there are plenty of jobs about. The Fishing industry will be hiring soon. Tell them to ditch the pony-tail and bum-bag and get on board. Or fruit picking? All the EU nationals are scarpering, so they say... Amazon? Warehouse work? Plenty of work about for those who want it.

Do you want to work in a warehouse, or be a fisherman or work as a fruit picker?

You understand that the UK declaring a universal unilateral zero tariff on imports would cause economic mayhem?
A universal zero tariff is illegal under WTO rules. It's a fact long publicised (for those who care for facts and take a bit of notice).

Besides constituting the surest and fastest way of tanking UK Plc (including domestic food production) post-haste (for those with even a rudimentary understanding of international trade).

End of the line for that particular argument, for both sides, I think.

Edited by L00b

Of course they do.

There you go, we can have all these and help Africa as well. I'm sure they'd sooner grow crops to sell than receive aid. I know you lot care more about big multinational companies and 100k yuppies losing their jobs but I'd quite like to increase trade with them.... Then there's south America... BRAZIL NUTS! I like them...

https://answersafrica.com/foods-in-africa.html/2