The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

The EU flooding Africa with well below cost chicken parts is a key reason for many people migrating from Africa to Europe.

The EU is directly responsible for much of the African mass migration. FACT.

I just want a free trade deal with African countries. It will help them and open up our markets to them. I think they have to pay 9% tariffs at the moment. (I think that was what JRM said the figure was the other day).

I just want a free trade deal with African countries. It will help them and open up our markets to them. I think they have to pay 9% tariffs at the moment. (I think that was what JRM said the figure was the other day).

This is what the EU really does to Africa:

https://mg.co.za/article/2017-11-10-00-eu-chicken-dumping-starves-africa

PS Trump has said, again, he is looking forward to trading more with the UK.

Which is why the US has objected to the WTO about our proposed share of EU agricultural import quotas post Brexit & prioritised a deal with the EU over the UK ;)

He hates the EU as much as any right thinking person.

Trump is "right thinking"... lol :hihi:

He'll give us a deal.

It'll have to be a pretty good one

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-trade-usa/uk-u-s-trade-deal-will-not-make-up-for-leaving-the-eu-minister-idUSKBN19U08U

---------- Post added 26-01-2018 at 00:49 ----------

Philip Hammond has just said on Twitter, "For anyone concerned - I was clear earlier in same speech at #Davos U.K. will cease to be member of EU on 29 March 2019, and after we will be outside Customs Union and the Single Market”

Odd then that the people that are seriously upset about his comments are the hard line Brexiters :suspect: Can you think why that might be?

Edited by Magilla

Which is why the US has objected to the WTO about our proposed share of EU agricultural import quotas post Brexit & prioritised a deal with the EU over the UK ;)

Trump is "right thinking"... lol :hihi:

It'll have to be a pretty good one

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-trade-usa/uk-u-s-trade-deal-will-not-make-up-for-leaving-the-eu-minister-idUSKBN19U08U

---------- Post added 26-01-2018 at 00:49 ----------

Odd then that the people that are seriously upset about his comments are the hard line Brexiters :suspect: Can you think why that might be?

I think he posted that after ruffling a few feathers...

If African countries send their cheap food to us what are their people going to eat?

Drop your ridiculous imperialist fantasies. They’re just nonsense.

If African countries send us their trained doctors and nurses how are their people going to get better?

Drop your ridiculous entitlement fantasies. They're just nonsense.

:|

If African countries send us their trained doctors and nurses how are their people going to get better?

Drop your ridiculous entitlement fantasies. They're just nonsense.

:|

It’s not entitlement. Simply the realities of trade, and of food security.

Disrupting food security is a bad thing.