The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Guest sibon
The UK politicians are stopping them. The majority of them never wanted the UK to leave the EU in the first place. The general election result means the sore losers will get too much say in the so called negotiations. The people who voted to remain, who don't fully accept the referendum result, should not get any say in the so called negotiations.

You need to take some medication. You sound like an hysterical Dalek.

Exterminate all sore losers. Exterminate all sore losers.

Face some democratic facts. The GE was a huge slap in the face for Theresa's hard Brexit plan. Go follow the UKIP vote, see where it went in different areas. The evidence against the people wanting hard Brexit is clear.

Given your defence of the referendum result and your passion for that particular democratic event, I'd expect you to give the same credence to the General Election result.

Actually, I don't care what credence you give to anything. I'll leave you with the simple thought that no MP was ever elected by a referendum. Which democratic event do you think is uppermost in our politicians' minds?

Unfortunately we get the politicians we deserve.

Well if that's the case then all I can say is we must have done something terrible in a previous life to deserve the bunch of second rate incompetent buffoons we've been landed with!

Perhaps we all rode with Genghis Khan, he was responsible for the deaths of over 40 million people, that would just about justify it. :(

Well if that's the case then all I can say is we must have done something terrible in a previous life to deserve the bunch of second rate incompetent buffoons we've been landed with!

The people to blame for the people who are elected are the electorate: it is time we stopped trying to blame somebody else and took collective responsibility for it.

What did he actually say? I had a news blackout day.
He had a rant at MEPs not turning up en masse for the Maltese PM audience, when they never miss an opportunity to show up if Merkel or Macron are dropping by. Or he was having an ego crisis, take your pick.

That's what Juncker called "ridiculous". Not the 'EU project' (-farce, or otherwise) as Jeffrey misrepresented erm, 'suggested'.

Edit: link to story

Adds another argument to the case for binning the Brussels site (slated for destruction anyway) and keeping the Parliament in Strasbourg. Saves a heap of money, puts an end to the Parliamentary commute arguments, and Brussels can have the EMA and a few other repatriated EU agencies as a sweetener. Win-win-win all round ;)

Edited by L00b

What I want to know is when Theresa May is going to 'crush the saboteurs'

She was more than happy for that headline to appear on the Daily Main front page, with that a sinister picture of her next to it.

You need to take some medication. You sound like an hysterical Dalek.

Exterminate all sore losers. Exterminate all sore losers.

Face some democratic facts. The GE was a huge slap in the face for Theresa's hard Brexit plan. Go follow the UKIP vote, see where it went in different areas. The evidence against the people wanting hard Brexit is clear.

Given your defence of the referendum result and your passion for that particular democratic event, I'd expect you to give the same credence to the General Election result.

Actually, I don't care what credence you give to anything. I'll leave you with the simple thought that no MP was ever elected by a referendum. Which democratic event do you think is uppermost in our politicians' minds?

You're wrong the general election result was a huge slap in the face for Theresa May's winter fuel payment changes and her social care plan. Theresa May had good intentions, like Margaret Thatcher did with the Poll Tax and suffered for attempting to change something, which she should have left alone, rather than upset the apple cart.

Our elected politicians were given instructions by the democratic people to arrange our exit from the EU. If all our politician's minds were honest, then they would not deviate from their instructions. However, I have already acknowledged that the general election result, most likely will mean honest leave voters, will be cheated out of democracy, by dishonest politicians.

Our elected politicians were given instructions by the democratic people to arrange our exit from the EU. If all our politician's minds were honest, then they would not deviate from their instructions. However, I have already acknowledged that the general election result, most likely will mean honest leave voters, will be cheated out of democracy, by dishonest politicians.

leaving aside the point that the referendum was advisory not instructory i'm still not sure why you think it's not going to happen.

the best which has been offered is the lib dem second referendum on the deal, which i would have thought a democratically inclined person like you would be all for.