The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

why is it?
Because confirmation bias says no...and because he voted for leaving no doubt, so there'll be a hefty dose of denial kicking in to mitigate the element of personal responsibility for these outcomes (should they come to pass).

This alleged (;)) government impact study fully accords with my own analysis and predictions, however. Perhaps that's my own confirmation bias echoing here.

Edited by L00b

Because confirmation bias says no...and because he voted for leaving no doubt, so there'll be a hefty dose of denial kicking in to mitigate the element of personal responsibility for these outcomes (should they come to pass).

This alleged (;)) government impact study fully accords with my own analysis and predictions, however. Perhaps that's my own confirmation bias echoing here.

Nice bit of editing on the end there . :thumbsup: Is that what they call hindsight :)

Brexit impact assessment- UK will be worse off in every scenario outside the EU.

http:// https://www.buzzfeed.com/albertonardelli/the-governments-own-brexit-analysis-says-the-uk-will-be?utm_term=.ewrZr06G5#.dnkN0W9M4

But on the plus side .........sorry I can’t think of anything.

Oh yes we can make our own laws.

Making laws is the easy part,applying them is tricky.

Similar to control of our borders.

Nice bit of editing on the end there . :thumbsup:Is that what they call hindsight :)
Do you want me to link my earlier posts? How far back? Pre-March'17? Pre-referendum? :twisted:

Once you understand that Brexit is a legal process first and foremost, projecting its various potential outcomes -and refining those projections over time in view of how the UK & the EU conduct proceedings- is very straightforward.

I said from day one (long, long before the June '16 referendum) that the EU had all the cards and the UK would dance to its tune, if it voted to leave and then made good on that with triggering Article 50. Doing that so prematurely back in March '17, will forever be held as the government's worst mistake, by an intergalactic mile...but only just past May's "red lines".

I was careful to also say that people didn't have to like it or accept it - but them were the facts of geopolitical life. They still are. And they've been running smack into the Leave campaign's facile rethoric at every turn. And will continue to do so, until long after March '19.

You were sold a pup. You're asking for seconds and thirds and you still don't realise it.

Edited by L00b

But you know full well that it is confirmation bias. The last Chancellor predicted two emergency budgets straight after the referendum and we're still waiting.

The truth is that NOBODY knows the macro outcome. Only a blithering idiot would make predictions and hold them as certain. There are lots of blithering idiots.

Economics is a sideshow for the easily fooled and distracted. Geopolitics is the main game and Brexit is still the correct decision IMO.

But you know full well that it is confirmation bias. The last Chancellor predicted two emergency budgets straight after the referendum and we're still waiting.

The truth is that NOBODY knows the macro outcome. Only a blithering idiot would make predictions and hold them as certain. There are lots of blithering idiots.

Economics is a sideshow for the easily fooled and distracted. Geopolitics is the main game and Brexit is still the correct decision IMO.

He predicted it. He overplayed the dangers for sure. But likewise the leave campaigns overplayed the dangers of remaining too. It was all part of a very silly campaign.

Two things happened to stabilise the economy short-term immediately after the referendum. Cameron resigned meaning he didn’t have to make good his threat of A50 triggered immediately. Secondly the BoE stepped in with an injection of liquidity leavers still don’t like to be reminded about.

Without both of those things Osborne’s predictions would have been pretty much on the money.

He predicted it. He overplayed the dangers for sure. But likewise the leave campaigns overplayed the dangers of remaining too. It was all part of a very silly campaign.

Two things happened to stabilise the economy short-term immediately after the referendum. Cameron resigned meaning he didn’t have to make good his threat of A50 triggered immediately. Secondly the BoE stepped in with an injection of liquidity leavers still don’t like to be reminded about.

Without both of those things Osborne’s predictions would have been pretty much on the money.

That's nonsense. The EU has been pumping QE into the Eurozone for years, a couple of trillion Euros if my memory serves me. Sorry IL, you I can't let you get away with that cod economic theory. Economic predictions are for the birds. Anyone putting any store by the macro predictions is away with the birds.

Geopolitics is where the game is really being played while people like you are being distracted by this nonsense.