The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Yep. apparently there are.

Rhetorical duuuuude! ... hmm, doesn't sounds right. Haaha

So we can agree then, there are no "universally wrong" analyses showing any plausible scenario under which Brexit will be good for the UK?

You'd think the DxEU would be keen to explore those possibilities, but no... None, nada, zilch!

Where's the "cake and eat it" report? Must not be a realistic possibility, presumably.

So we can agree then, there are no "universally wrong" analyses showing any plausible scenario under which Brexit will be good for the UK?

Since I've never claimed there are, and I've said that macro economic forecasting is a mugs game, you can take it as read that I wouldn't believe any such report's conclusion at face vale. I have said that I think Brexit will turn out to be a bit of a damp squib economically, and you'd be better off down at William Hill's with a tenner on my prediction than any of the ones you're clinging to. No dear boy, I'm more interested in the medium to long term geopolitical aspects of Brexit.

But back to you. Now that you can see that there are still no good macroeconomic forecasts: What makes you want to believe the DEXEU reports now apart from Stockholm Syndrome?

Thanks for the reply. Here are the pre-referendum statements from the IMF and OECD. We both know that they are pro EU biased organisations but they are your choice of expertise.

IMF. Wrong.

OECD. Wrong.

Oh look, there's the LSE economists cropping up yet again, but if even the IMF and OECD can't get it remotely right I might see why you are still reluctant to answer the original question after half a dozen attempts:

What makes you want to believe them now apart from Stockholm Syndrome?

When giving your responses please try not to

Hasn't it started to dawn on you yet? You've been taken for a mug by vested interests. Maybe it's time you took back control.

To be fair to the OECD it's not 2020 and we haven't left yet.

To be fair to the OECD it's not 2020 and we haven't left yet.

The OECD predicted an immediate effect following a Leave vote with GDP down by 3% by 2020. They all got it woefully wrong and there isn't any "but we haven't left yet" to hide behind if we look at the various reports.

The OECD is pretty good at collecting numbers but their crystal ball is as useless as everyone else's.

The OECD predicted an immediate effect following a Leave vote with GDP down by 3% by 2020. They all got it woefully wrong and there isn't any "but we haven't left yet" to hide behind if we look at the various reports.

The OECD is pretty good at collecting numbers but their crystal ball is as useless as everyone else's.

What’s your forecast.......

Since I've never claimed there are

There should be! If they're all allowed to be "universally wrong" then there should be some possible scenario where we're projected to be better off outside the EU as was promised by the leave campaign.

That there isn't, even by the department in who's interests it would validate says it all. Even they can't spin Brexit into something positive!

and I've said that macro economic forecasting is a mugs game, you can take it as read that I wouldn't believe any such report's conclusion at face vale.

The report that according to David Davis, head of the DxEU, doesn't exist?

No matter how you spin it, the report is significant politically. The diversionary attempts so far, especially yours, are laughable!

I have said that I think Brexit will turn out to be a bit of a damp squib economically, and you'd be better off down at William Hill's with a tenner on my prediction than any of the ones you're clinging to.

It'll turn out to be a damp squib, because we'll remain in the CU and/or SM, if not in name then in practice.

No dear boy, I'm more interested in the medium to long term geopolitical aspects of Brexit.

Yeah, of course you are!