The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

It will be interesting when it's independently verified, by a broadsheet -and not a tabloid- other than the hardliner's habitual mouthpiece.

In the meantime, speaking of interesting developments, you might consider how to take this new one of a government minister in exercise (Baker) supporting allegations of an MP (Mogg) against the impartiality of the civil service.

(@ altus: the source is Mogg, of course)

This is where hardliners start to push dogma beyond influence jostling, towards destabilisation. The noose is tightening around May's neck while she's away :|

Talking of Mogg

Sorry chum, you're a busted flush. You asked, you got, and it's still a mugs game. Yet you cling on to the EU and it's vested interests like a child to its mother.

If you check my posting history on here over many years it’ll be clear that I’m not a fan of the EU.

I do however believe that we are better off being in than being out,.

As I’ve said before as well, no matter what arguments there are about sovereignty, immigration etc... the argument will ultimately be decided by economic welfare, and Brexit clearly doesn’t promise much if any improvement for most people.

Now...those Patrick Minford quotes. Shall we just drop it eh? ;)

---------- Post added 03-02-2018 at 11:55 ----------

EU federalisation is exactly that. None so blind, etc.

We were never going to be part of a federal EU. Never in a million years.

So you don’t think the Tories have a desire to invest more in the NHS if they had more money to play with?

I didn't say that did I?;)

I can point out however that in the 2017 budget an extra £2.8 billion was earmarked for the NHS over 2 years coming from budget reserves, and had nothing to do with how well the economy was doing at the time.

Ah. You mean people like Peter Mandelson, who dreams of an EU empire.

"Lord" Mendelson if you please. In fact when in Parliament, The Right Honourable Baron Mandelson of Foy in the county of Herefordshire and Hartlepool in the county of Durham, Lord President of the Council, First Secretary of State, and Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills.

Maybe he fancies been Lord of Europe if he could scupper Brexit.

Angel1.

Yet more swivel-eyed lunacy from Reed-Mogg as he too accuses civil servants of failing to be impartial.

Wonder if he would dare name some of these civil servants.

Or produce any credible data to refute them... can't see that happening somehow.

"if you're selling snake oil you don’t like the experts testing your product"

Edited by Magilla

Ex-top civil servant likens Tory Brexiters to snake oil sellers

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/feb/04/ex-top-civil-servant-tory-brexiters-snake-oil-sellers

O’Donnell said honesty and objectivity ran through the core of civil servants “like a stick of rock”, and the forecasts which came from Whitehall would have been made in good faith.

Civil servants “look at the evidence and we go where it is”, he said. “Of course if you are selling snake oil, you don’t like the idea of experts testing your products.

Brexit attacks on civil service are reminiscent of 'pre-war Nazi Germany’

“And I think that’s what we’ve got, this backlash against evidence and experts is because they know where the experts will go.”

May has said what she needed to say in order to prevent an immediate coup. She has acted - again - in the interests of party unity and not in the interests of the country.

She’s being played like a violin by the right in her party.

This farce can’t go on much longer.