The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

It depends what sort of deal we agree to. If we stay in the single market there won't be a problem. If we exit on WTO rules there is a good chance there will be - otherwise the Japanese ambassador wouldn't be warning about it.

Then it's a simply economic decision made by Toyota or Honda - will their car plants make them money or is it more economical to move. It's got **** all, I assume, to do with the Japanese minister in question unless he's also minister for stating the bleedin obvious.

Then it's a simply economic decision made by Toyota or Honda - will their car plants make them money or is it more economical to move. It's got **** all, I assume, to do with the Japanese minister in question unless he's also minister for stating the bleedin obvious.

AFTER brexit

you still dont get it, they arent saying its unprofitable now, or moving it, but after brexit (that means if it becomes economically unviable AFTER brexit)

sometimes it needs to be stated, and at least half of the british government seem incapable of making the connection

It is the bleedin obvious but lots of brexiters, including those in our government, have their heads so full of dreams of Empire 2.0 and the like that they need it pointing out to them.

It is the bleedin obvious but lots of brexiters, including those in our government, have their heads so full of dreams of Empire 2.0 and the like that they need it pointing out to them.

Exactly.........Take this quote from the article about the Japanese:

Pro-Brexit businessman John Mills, said: "Clearly companies have to make a profit.

"But there's no reason they shouldn't make a profit with a WTO [World Trade Organisation] deal," added Mr Mills, who is chairman of consumer products firm, JML.

'

Honda said last year that they could not afford the tariffs of trading under WTO.

At the moment we have David Davis saying that (almost) all the forecasts about Brexit are wrong.

Is it just me, or does anyone else notice that the forecasts from the Beleavers are missing from the dialogue?

If the ones that are published are wrong, then why don't they correct them with their own published ones that show that the unicorns and money trees are just around the corner? (Backed up by 'facts' (not £350M/week type facts, but real ones) so that no-one could contradict them).

Or maybe they don't have them...

After all, if the post suicide/brexit UK is going to be such a land of milk and honey, then there won't be any reason to worry will there? The Japanese won't need to even consider leaving as there won't be a chance of the UK being unprofitable...

Unicorns and Yen Money trees all round...

Mel doesn’t need to scour the internet to find the potential problems resulting from Brexit.

On the Japanese issue representatives of Honda,Datsun Toyota have all warned that they may cut investment in the U.K.

For “May”read “Will”Anyone who has had business dealings with the Japanese will know that they don’t wish to be too impolite in their discussions.

Half of their output goes into the mainland EU countries and any tariffs and duties will kill this business.

We don’t have a major U.K. owned motor business or a domestic market to support one.

The Brexit team can use the argument of the other world markets which will be opened up.

Apparently it took 9 years to negotiate a deal with Japan so I doubt that argument will be of much influence.

Add the knock on effect of job losses through the supply chain,distribution and shipping and I cannot share Carboots belief in good times ahead for the British working man.

Edited by RJRB

There’s never been forecasts from leave.

They know they would not win the hard economic arguments. Dominic Cummings admitted that very clearly.

Leavers will even argue that economic damage to the U.K. is a price worth paying for leaving the EU.

They even understand that translates into economic damage to themselves and their families.

There’s something deeply odd about All this.