The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

So let's be crystal clear, what do you think of macroeconomic predictions? My opinion is on record and as clear as a mountain stream. Let's have yours.

I thought we'd already established that nobody has a clue what's going to happen in a few weeks,let alone years down the line.

I'm not the one blasting macroeconomic forecasts one day,then using them to back up my point of view a few days later.

I thought we'd already established that nobody has a clue what's going to happen in a few weeks,let alone years down the line.

I'm not the one blasting macroeconomic forecasts one day,then using them to back up my point of view a few days later.

You've finally come around to my way of thinking. Good work chalga. Hard Brexit here we come.

The Establishment and the capitalist global elite don't want the UK to leave.

The people want to leave.

So we won't be leaving.

Very nearly half of all THE PEOPLE that voted in the referendum don't want to leave. Only very slightly over half THE PEOPLE who voted in the referendum actually want to leave. THE PEOPLE are pretty evenly split on what they want.

---------- Post added 14-02-2018 at 13:34 ----------

Because it is failing, the future is elsewhere, and it's intent on federalisation to mask the failings.

Succinct enough?

Failing how? in what way?

---------- Post added 14-02-2018 at 13:37 ----------

#despitebrexit just for magilla, PWC predicts the UK to outperform former EU partners to remain a major world economy.

UK could be the fastest growing G7 economy up to 2050, with average annual growth of 1.9%

Remaining open to talented workers and developing successful trade links with fast-growing emerging economies will be critical to realising the UK’s long-term growth potential

World economy projected to double by 2042, growing at average annual rate of 2.5% to 2050

By 2050, six of the seven world’s largest economies will be emerging markets - led by China

India could overtake US as world’s second largest economy, with Indonesia in fourth place

EU27’s share of world GDP could fall below 10% by 2050 - France out of the top-10 and Italy out of top 20

The UK’s long-term economic growth could outpace leading EU countries like Germany, France and Italy, even despite some medium-term drag from Brexit, according to new analysis by PwC. PwC’s The World in 2050 report forecasts that by 2050, the UK will have fallen by just one place from 9th to 10th in global economy rankings, measured by purchasing power parity

A lot of 'could' in there......

Edited by Fogey

They don't have a clue when they're inconvenient to his opinion. When they support it, they're as good as gospel.

One way to have the fastest growth is to bankrupt the country and then you have a very low starting point...

Ring any bells?

That's fine, but the UK is enjoying excellent growth. Such good growth. More growth than any of the predictions that we would be in recession now, not enjoying the thick end of 2% growth. Fantastic growth. The best growth.

You do maths for a living yea?

---------- Post added 14-02-2018 at 14:59 ----------

They don't have a clue when they're inconvenient to his opinion. When they support it, they're as good as gospel.

Oh do keep up Cyclone old chap. At least read to the last post before hitting reply and embarrassing yourself and that way I won;t have to keep pointing out how wrong you are when you're trying to snark me.