The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

I like the other voters who voted leave were in the majority, so yes I expect us to leave and prefer a so called "hard Brexit."

A slim majority, built on lies and stupidity.

What damage that may cause is unknown as we have not yet left.

Back to the old "we don't know, but we'll leap of the bridge to find out" idiocy.

Despite the fact that we can already see damage being caused.

I suspect a bit of collateral damage but we will recover as we have in the past.

Oh, this has happened before has it?

I have already explained here that I did not read any propaganda from either side and was not biased or mislead by it and came to my own conclusions.

Well, either you didn't read anything, or you read propaganda. There was no way to avoid it.

Any stupidity should be aimed at those who decided to hold the referendum in the first place and at the MP's who passed the act without question.

Absolutely not, I'm convinced that a majority of the leave voters did so for frankly idiotic reasons.

Get with it, leave were in the majority. Despite the attempts by the remainers to discredit voters, calling them elderly poorly educated, racist and xenophobic I expect that decision to be carried out.

All these things to some extent are true, it's not a case of insulting, it's just descriptive, and goes to explain why the result should be roundly ignored.

---------- Post added 15-02-2018 at 15:46 ----------

Surely Britain's Trump card in the end is the "City". In or out of the EU, it will remain the global hub for trading and currency clearing.

It simply won't. Do you live in wishful thinking land, are you expecting the return of empire and the resurrection of the Raj in India. Perhaps the East India company will once again control 1/3rd of the trade around the globe as well?

It simply won't. Do you live in wishful thinking land, are you expecting the return of empire and the resurrection of the Raj in India. Perhaps the East India company will once again control 1/3rd of the trade around the globe as well?

No I just expect activity in the city to mostly carry on as normal.

A slim majority, built on lies and stupidity.

Back to the old "we don't know, but we'll leap of the bridge to find out" idiocy.

Despite the fact that we can already see damage being caused.

Oh, this has happened before has it?

Well, either you didn't read anything, or you read propaganda. There was no way to avoid it.

Absolutely not, I'm convinced that a majority of the leave voters did so for frankly idiotic reasons.

All these things to some extent are true, it's not a case of insulting, it's just descriptive, and goes to explain why the result should be roundly ignored.

---------- Post added 15-02-2018 at 15:46 ----------

You are on the losing side, no matter how hard you stamp your feet you're a loser.

No I just expect activity in the city to mostly carry on as normal.

Well then you're most definitely in wishful thinking land.

Banks and financial services companies are already leaving London for Frankfurt, Ireland and other within EU destinations. :roll:

---------- Post added 15-02-2018 at 15:58 ----------

You are on the losing side, no matter how hard you stamp your feet you're a loser.

Hopefully we'll have another referendum, and with the exception of the willfully ignorant leave voters who care nothing for the future economy or their descendants people will switch to remain.

Or in a decade when you live on the street in a cardboard box and can't afford to post on the forum or indeed a PC, then I can tell you I told you so.

Except you'll probably have died from some perfectly curable affliction, curable except for the fact that the sold of NHS won't treat you without a huge wad of cash, which you don't have, because of brexit.

That's a worst case, I don't want to say "I told you so" to your cooling corpse, but you reap what you sow.

Banks and financial services companies are already leaving London for Frankfurt, Ireland and other within EU destinations. :roll:

---------- Post added 15-02-2018 at 15:58 ----------

Hopefully we'll have another referendum, and with the exception of the willfully ignorant leave voters who care nothing for the future economy or their descendants people will switch to remain.

Or in a decade when you live on the street in a cardboard box and can't afford to post on the forum or indeed a PC, then I can tell you I told you so.

Except you'll probably have died from some perfectly curable affliction, curable except for the fact that the sold of NHS won't treat you without a huge wad of cash, which you don't have, because of brexit.

That's a worst case, I don't want to say "I told you so" to your cooling corpse, but you reap what you sow.

Put your dummy back in.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the institutions that have moved/planning to move from the city to mainland Europe are in the main those that deal very specifically with EU matters. Which is fair enough as we're leaving the EU.

The bit I've put in bold is a laugh. The British NHS model goes against the EU principle of state aid.

There has been a bit of trouble in the republic of Ireland recently, with people protesting on mass as the EU basically bullied Ireland into privatising the water company. I bet they regret being in the EU now.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the institutions that have moved/planning to move from the city to mainland Europe are in the main those that deal very specifically with EU matters. Which is fair enough as we're leaving the EU.

The bit I've put in bold is a laugh. The British NHS model goes against the EU principle of state aid.

There has been a bit of trouble in the republic of Ireland recently, with people protesting on mass as the EU basically bullied Ireland into privatising the water company. I bet they regret being in the EU now.

The EU haven't done anything about water being privatised in Ireland,they also aren't stopping the UK government putting money into the NHS.

Surely Britain's Trump card in the end is the "City". In or out of the EU, it will remain the global hub for trading and currency clearing.

Out of the EU it'll be a dead duck. Frankfurt is gobbling up people and companies..... dark sites, all the kit there - just in case...

Once passporting is lost, or even known to be lost at some point in the future it'll flip so fast it'll be more or less instant.

Out of the EU it'll be a dead duck. Frankfurt is gobbling up people and companies..... dark sites, all the kit there - just in case...

Once passporting is lost, or even known to be lost at some point in the future it'll flip so fast it'll be more or less instant.

Too late for banking. A lot of finance companies are just shifting operations anyway. Working with them every day