The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Celebrity Leave voters want a fun night out together and include:

Liz Hurley, Sir Michael Caine, Roger Daltrey, Bryan Adams, John Cleese, Katie Hopkins, Cheryl Baker.

Celebrity Remain voters want a 'March Against Brexit' demonstration and include:

Richard Branson, Emma Thompson, Tracey Emin, Eddie Izzard, Jo Brand, Benedict Cumberbatch and Bob Geldof.

Who do you think will have the best time?

Celebrity Leave voters want a fun night out together and include:

Liz Hurley, Sir Michael Caine, Roger Daltrey, Bryan Adams, John Cleese, Katie Hopkins, Cheryl Baker.

Celebrity Remain voters want a 'March Against Brexit' demonstration and include:

Richard Branson, Emma Thompson, Tracey Emin, Eddie Izzard, Jo Brand, Benedict Cumberbatch and Bob Geldof.

Who do you think will have the best time?

Any thought of Katie Hopkins makes me sick, so pretty easy answer there!

Brexit related, i read this earlier.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43078920

Anthony Painter, director of the RSA's Action and Research Centre, said: "The simple fact is that too many households are highly vulnerable to a shock in a decade of disruption, with storm clouds on the horizon if automation, Brexit and an ageing population are mismanaged.

I know it will get slagged off by leavers BUT it DOES need to be on the mind, families like me, and with less incomes, and possibly even a bit more it will be an issue with the loss of jobs in the coming decades.

You appear to be describing democracy and then complaining about it.

Not complaining just stating the obvious as a member state has a 1 in 27 chance of having a say on some proposal and then even less chance of having that accepted.

---------- Post added 17-02-2018 at 14:52 ----------

Brexit related, i read this earlier.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43078920

I know it will get slagged off by leavers BUT it DOES need to be on the mind, families like me, and with less incomes, and possibly even a bit more it will be an issue with the loss of jobs in the coming decades.

What loss of jobs?

Not complaining just stating the obvious as a member state has a 1 in 27 chance of having a say on some proposal and then even less chance of having that accepted.

What loss of jobs?

The 1 in 27 thing ceases to be true in terms of policy development.

Everything is weighted towards the bigger countries, which was why the U.K. had a disproportionately big say in policy, and did economically well while in the EU.

Compare the U.K. of 1973 to now, and also consider that many of the measures that (rightly or wrongly) drove our economic success happened while in the EU and were also instrumental in changing the direction of travel of the EU. Incidentally much of it was crafted by the 1980s U.K. governments: Big Bang in the city, financial passporting, single market etc...

The Tory Brexiters are doing nothing less than unpicking the work of their heroine. It’s quite ironic really.

What loss of jobs?

They have a 27/27 chance of having a say on some proposal,take the UK Brexit negotiation,they will all have a say on if what is agreed is acceptable,they all have to agree that it is acceptable.

I agree that our democracy is rather poor, but was don't you like?

The bedroom tax, cap on benefits, NHS funding per patient reducing, A+E waiting time targets missed or wages rising slower than prices?

Perhaps you can tell us what will change because we are leaving the EU?

The bedroom tax, cap on benefits, NHS funding per patient reducing, A+E waiting time targets missed or wages rising slower than prices?

Perhaps you can tell us what will change because we are leaving the EU?

What makes you think staying in the EU will do anything about those particular things, baring in mind we were in the EU when they came in?

Those things are a separate issue to our EU membership anyway, so a total red herring.

What makes you think staying in the EU will do anything about those particular things, baring in mind we were in the EU when they came in?

Those things are a separate issue to our EU membership anyway, so a total red herring.

What's going to change for the better when we leave?