The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

So many attempts to reframe a question that you all know the answer to, but really don't want to answer. :)

It's not a trap, it's a very simple question that only requires a very simple answer. Once we have the answer we can look at causes as follow on questions, some of which have helpfully already been put forward.

So to begin with,

Has Sheffield done better or worse since Britain joined the EEC?

I say that Sheffield has done worse since Britain joined the EEC. Who agrees?

Sheffield is not the city that it used to be, perhaps you can tell us in what way specifically Sheffield has been disadvantaged by the EEC?

So many attempts to reframe a question that you all know the answer to, but really don't want to answer. :)

It's not a trap, it's a very simple question that only requires a very simple answer. Once we have the answer we can look at causes as follow on questions, some of which have helpfully already been put forward.

So to begin with,

I said I don’t know.

You say it’s done worse.

Tell me why it’s done worse .

That’s a logical way to go.

So to begin with,

If a meteor had landed on and destroyed Sheffield city centre two years ago would you still be implying that any effects on the city's prosperity were solely down to being in the EU?

We're simply not accepting you framing the question to exclude factors that in addition to being in the EU have affected Sheffield's prosperity.

So to begin with,

No Sheffield club has won the premier league or the fa cup since we joined the eec either.

We've not won the Eurovision song contest since the introduction of the euro.

That's a "Sheffield's done worse since Britain joined the EEC" from you two then.

Better or worse in what way and with regards what specifically relating to the EEC? Your question implies that how Sheffield has done is mostly linked with the EEC and suggests all the other factors are less relevant. Sheffields state of affairs has far more to do with its mistreatment at the hands of successive British Governments.

Better or worse in what way and with regards what specifically relating to the EEC? Your question implies that how Sheffield has done is mostly linked with the EEC and suggests all the other factors are less relevant. Sheffields state of affairs has far more to do with its mistreatment at the hands of successive British Governments.

So, for example, the effects of the European Coal and Steel Community on production and resources along with the inability of UK governments to subsidise local industries due to EU treaties and continental protectionism...

Too much for post priandal consideration?

OK, let's make it easier. Is the city centre nicer now?

Brexit will be assured when Nigel (returns hopefully.) Then all will be well, we can go forward and prosper.

Angel1.

Why should it get better when a soon to be out of work MEP/radio presenter returns to country?

Why should we listen to him? Why should the eu? He's done nowt but insult them and take their money for producing very little. If I was in the eu negotiating team I'd double my demands if that prick was part of the uk delegation.