The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

You'll have to do better than that since I'm not the one disputing that the EU is in decline and if you don't take that as a generally well known fact among those who take a passing interest then that can't be helped by me, only by you.

You want to prove me wrong, then please go ahead and do it. I'll open up yet another invitation among the many that are still outstanding but unfulfilled.

Off you pop.

You're not really worth the effort....bye

You're not really worth the effort....bye

The challenge I posed was whether you think that YOU are worth the effort.

Question answered, quandary solved, watches truman disappear into the distance with tail between legs following an unedifying valediction.

Off you popped

You'll have to do better than that since I'm not the one disputing that the EU is in decline and if you don't take that as a generally well known fact among those who take a passing interest then that can't be helped by me, only by you.

You want to prove me wrong, then please go ahead and do it. I'll open up yet another invitation among the many that are still outstanding but unfulfilled.

Off you pop.

FT Data EU Economy Add to myFT

Anatomy of a comeback: the EU’s resurgence in charts *

Rising optimism can be seen in labour markets and spending as well as opinion polls*

© Bloomberg

Valentina Romei JUNE 21, 2017 28

Over the past 12 months, the outlook for the EU has brightened in a dramatic fashion.

A year ago, after the UK’s June 2016 vote to leave the bloc, economists were cutting their forecasts for EU growth.*Campaigners for Brexit proclaimed that if the UK had stuck with the bloc it would have been “shackled to a corpse”.

But 2017 has been very different, marked by the recovery in the eurozone, which in the first quarter grew twice as fast as the US.

Consensus eurozone growth forecasts for this year are now 0.6 per cent higher than in August last year and higher than those for the UK.

“It seems likely that we’ll see many forecasters’ expectations for 2017 growth revised higher,” says Chris Williamson, chief business economist at IHS Markit. A year ago he was stressing “near-term downside risks for an already-lacklustre eurozone economy”.

Support for the EU has grown in line with the growth figures — and rising optimism can be discerned not just in opinion polls, but in stronger labour markets and rising imports.

The trend is a regional one, in contrast with recent years when the healthy state of the German economy contrasted with the doldrums endured by other eurozone members. “Growth across the economies is becoming more broad-based,” wrote FocusEconomics in a note. All 28 EU economies grew last year — the first time that was the case since the financial crisis.*

Edited by chalga

FT Data EU Economy Add to myFT

Anatomy of a comeback: the EU’s resurgence in charts *

Rising optimism can be seen in labour markets and spending as well as opinion polls*

© Bloomberg

Valentina Romei JUNE 21, 2017 28

Over the past 12 months, the outlook for the EU has brightened in a dramatic fashion.

A year ago, after the UK’s June 2016 vote to leave the bloc, economists were cutting their forecasts for EU growth.*Campaigners for Brexit proclaimed that if the UK had stuck with the bloc it would have been “shackled to a corpse”.

But 2017 has been very different, marked by the recovery in the eurozone, which in the first quarter grew twice as fast as the US.

Consensus eurozone growth forecasts for this year are now 0.6 per cent higher than in August last year and higher than those for the UK.

“It seems likely that we’ll see many forecasters’ expectations for 2017 growth revised higher,” says Chris Williamson, chief business economist at IHS Markit. A year ago he was stressing “near-term downside risks for an already-lacklustre eurozone economy”.

Support for the EU has grown in line with the growth figures — and rising optimism can be discerned not just in opinion polls, but in stronger labour markets and rising imports.

The trend is a regional one, in contrast with recent years when the healthy state of the German economy contrasted with the doldrums endured by other eurozone members. “Growth across the economies is becoming more broad-based,” wrote FocusEconomics in a note. All 28 EU economies grew last year — the first time that was the case since the financial crisis.*

My god! You'll be posting Mystic Meg's star chart next!

---------- Post added 20-02-2018 at 15:53 ----------

You reckon...?

You're back!!! I am SO worth it!:love:

My god! You'll be posting Mystic Meg's star chart next!

---------- Post added 20-02-2018 at 15:53 ----------

You're back!!! I am SO worth it!:love:

You can argue against facts as much as you like,show yourself up even more than usual...........go on.:hihi: