The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

I have.. and it looks like a big smilie.

Higher productivity and an 88,000 rise in people in work but the unemployment register has increased slightly to 4.4%. Unemployment has been going down since 2016, and all this despite the doom predictions made by Osborn that unemployment would increase by around 500,000 after a brexit vote. :hihi:

The UK is the only EU country where unemployment (JSA applicants) is up. Feel free to check none Eurozone countries.

I recently filled a vacancy and the level of candidates was shockingly good. Many with post graduate degrees. Many of whom either worked in low-paid retail jobs (Congratulations on getting your MSc - you are an excellent shelf-stacker at Tesco's now) or were not able to find first employment after finishing University. That is a reality that many recruiting managers here will be able to confirm.

Keep telling yourself things are fine, I am sure they will be at some point...

i didnt think we'd left yet? :suspect: did i miss something? youre using a 10 year financial crash recovery to tell us we are ok for something we havent done yet for another year and a month? Oo

if ever....

https://www.politico.eu/article/uk-seeks-flexibility-on-brexit-transition-period-end-date-citizens-rights-march-29-2019/

This made me laugh:-

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/economists-for-free-trade-brexit_uk_5a8d2897e4b00a30a250c06f?ir&utm_hp_ref=uk-homepage

“What they are quite literally saying here is no safety standards, no environmental standards, no health standards, no food standards - nothing. On everything that’s imported. You could import literally anything to this country.”

The UK is the only EU country where unemployment (JSA applicants) is up. Feel free to check none Eurozone countries.

Why? Will it change the fact that although some in the Eurozone have had a minuscule unemployment rate reduction of 0.1% the average rate of unemployment is still around double ours. The only one that seems to be less is Germany @3.6% with France @9.2%, Italy @11.1%, Spain @16.7% and Greece @20.5%.

---------- Post added 21-02-2018 at 21:23 ----------

What about the unemployment rate?

What about it? See above.

---------- Post added 21-02-2018 at 21:24 ----------

is that different from being removed off the unemployment figures?

Yes it is.

It amazing how you the and the other remainers recently posting on here are also ignoring the fact which states that actual employment is also up by 88,000.:suspect:

And that you are ignoring the fact that there were 1.47 million unemployed people (people not in work but seeking and available to work), 46,000 more than for July to September 2017.

Latest estimates show that average weekly earnings for employees in Great Britain in real terms (that is, adjusted for price inflation) fell by 0.3% both including and excluding bonuses compared with a year earlier.

So more people out of work, and those in work are poorer than a year ago...

I have.. and it looks like a big smilie.

Higher productivity and an 88,000 rise in people in work but the unemployment register has increased slightly to 4.4%. Unemployment has been going down since 2016, and all this despite the doom predictions made by Osborn that unemployment would increase by around 500,000 after a brexit vote. :hihi:

The unemployment rate has increased.

---------- Post added 21-02-2018 at 21:48 ----------

Why? Will it change the fact that although some in the Eurozone have had a minuscule unemployment rate reduction of 0.1% the average rate of unemployment is still around double ours. The only one that seems to be less is Germany @3.6% with France @9.2%, Italy @11.1%, Spain @16.7% and Greece @20.5%.

---------- Post added 21-02-2018 at 21:23 ----------

What about it? See above.

---------- Post added 21-02-2018 at 21:24 ----------

Yes it is.

You haven’t done very well with your dot joining have you.

And that you are ignoring the fact that there were 1.47 million unemployed people (people not in work but seeking and available to work), 46,000 more than for July to September 2017.

Who is ignoring it as I have already stated it was up, still nowhere near the 500,000 Osbourn predicted would happen.

---------- Post added 21-02-2018 at 22:19 ----------

The unemployment rate has increased.

Wow another one who also seems to have missed ignored the fact that I admitted it had increased, albeit by a small amount. See post 6701

Edited by apelike

i didnt think we'd left yet? :suspect: did i miss something? youre using a 10 year financial crash recovery to tell us we are ok for something we havent done yet for another year and a month? Oo

Yes, you've missed something.

Osbourne and the Remainers warned that there would be a massive rise in unemployment and a UK economic meltdown if we merely voted to Leave.

Never mind actually leaving the EU. Just voting to Leave would deliver an immense economic shock, so these Remainer 'experts' solemnly informed us.

Emergency budget after emergency budget (slashing public services and raising taxes). A £30 billion black hole in the public finances to be dealt with in the immediate days after the vote Leave result.

Remainers are simply incompetent when it comes to predicting economic crisis.