The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

A bit like calling people remoaners just because they disagree with your point of view, isn't it.

Back on topic - Rees-Mogg, who is apparently a lovely fellow now according to Brexiteers for 'saying it as it is' stated that Brexit has been a success already. Seems very early to roll out the success-banner doesn't it? Before anything has actually been crystallised? To state the economy is doing well is rather delusional, isn't it? At a time where the PM and Chancellor have to remind us all that nurses do indeed deserve another 2% pay cut in real terms.

Success?

No one has even attempted to say what 'success' will look like.

My post wasn't a reply to you or any other poster, it was a personal observation about the clown that is Jacob Rees-Mogg.

The fact that you took it as being personal to you shows an extraordinary self regard of epic proportions.

Is there any chance that you might get over yourself?

?

There you go. Proof for you since you can't read what I write:

In other words all that Daily Mail, Express, Sun anti EU propaganda that you've been swallowing is crap.

You wrote that 5 days ago and it was before anything said about Mogg.

Who was this aimed at then?

The way I read that it says YOU in it. That was aimed at everyone?! Not how I read it.

Perhaps it's you who shouldn't post whilst drinking.

You on the other hand are obviously as thick as they come, and completely full of yourself.

Yeah enjoy your posting :rolleyes: People like you generally turn to this type of post when in the majority in a debate.

?

There you go. Proof for you since you can't read what I write:

You wrote that 5 days ago and it was before anything said about Mogg.

Who was this aimed at then?

The way I read that it says YOU in it. That was aimed at everyone?! Not how I read it.

Perhaps it's you who shouldn't post whilst drinking.

Yeah enjoy your posting :rolleyes: People like you generally turn to this type of post when in the majority in a debate.

Why don't you attempt to explain your first sentence, because as it stands it is gibberish.

The post of mine 643 which you quoted in your post of 649 wasn't a reply to anyone, it was my personal opinion of Jacob Rees-Mogg.

Yet you quoted it and commented " ...you have the audacity to post things like this to me? "

That is a clear presumption on your part that I was commenting directly to you, isn't it?

Which gives the impression that you are so self important that you disregard the possibility of others being involved in a discussion and that a post can be addressed in a general way without any specific recipient intended.

As for your comments " A week ago only a few people knew him " and " Now he's media famous everyone can join in slagging him off ".

Utter unmitigated drivel, where do you get such nonsense from?

Not only was I aware of who Jacob Rees-Mogg was before he became ' media famous ' I knew who his father William was, and remember reading his Times editorial ' Who breaks a butterfly on a wheel? " in an appeal for leniency for Mick Jagger who'd been arrested on a drugs charge.

That was in 1967, I was 20 at the time, how old were you?

Why don't you attempt to explain your first sentence, because as it stands it is gibberish.

The post of mine 643 which you quoted in your post of 649 wasn't a reply to anyone, it was my personal opinion of Jacob Rees-Mogg.

Yet you quoted it and commented " ...you have the audacity to post things like this to me? "

check 649 again, I've put a dash in it to separate it.

check 649 again, I've put a dash in it to separate it.

So you were referring back to a post which was pointing out the British governments preference for Chinese investment over British employment which was posted six pages and 141 posts previously, and you assumed that I'd pick up on the connection immediately?

---------- Post added 08-07-2017 at 12:51 ----------

Any chance that you two could stop bickering and return to the subject?

Preferably that of Brexit rather than the Mogg: if he is that important then start a new thread, but frankly he leads me to floccinoccinihilificate.

I do hope that floccinoccinihilifacate isn't just a fancy word for sexual self abuse!

Okay what new thoughts do you have on our current self imposed position between a rock and a hard place?

I do hope that floccinoccinihilifacate isn't just a fancy word for sexual self abuse!

Do you not have a dictionary? ;)

---------- Post added 08-07-2017 at 13:22 ----------

It is (if memory serves) the act or habit of considering something as worthless.

Do you not have a dictionary? ;)

---------- Post added 08-07-2017 at 13:22 ----------

It is (if memory serves) the act or habit of considering something as worthless.

Well if it is, it's a whole lot of trouble to go to to describe something which isn't worth a whole lot of trouble!

Which is typical of a language which uses the word dyslexic to describe a condition where people struggle with words!

On the positive side our Prime Minister had a good G20 summit. It is not only the USA who are keen to forge new bilateral trading relationships with the United Kingdom. Japan, China and India are in the trade negotiating queue and delivered a powerful vote of confidence for the United Kingdom post Brexit.

Seeing Mrs May with all the other G20 leaders, brought it home to me just how close our nation came to disaster in the general election. As a country we really need to start pulling together to make sure the nightmare of Corbyn representing us at future summits nether happens. The place for Corbyn is a sewer and not in Downing Street.