The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

I wonder how all the statistics on employment, unemployment, e.t.c. are affected by the increasing number of people that are fully retired, - part retired, e.t.c.

If number of retirees (claiming the state pension) is going up each year both in total and as a percentage of population, but, the number of retirees that are still working (at least part time) is going up then presumably that skews the figures to show more people in work/employment, but there isn't a corresponding adjustment to unemployment figures (because they wouldn't be entitled to register as unemployed?).

Is that right?

i believe retired dont count as unemployed as they arent on the figures, and as i tried explaining before on a thread its a long standing government policy to "cook" the figures, i believe they have quotas on sanctioning people and even those then go off the unemployment figures for a year, even if they are only sanctioned for a few weeks

Given the choice, most EU citizens living here want to be a part of a non-EU UK, rather than live and work in an EU member state.

Desperation kicking in I think.

However,I think that the converse might apply for British Expats living in other EU countries and who value the freedom to move freely,at the moment.

If they were established why didn't they apply for citizenship before brexit?

Because they didn't feel as though they were about to be kicked out?

Or maybe they're not committed stayers, and were/are milking this country for what its worth with one foot still in their own countries?

Brexit will find these ***** out.

Or maybe they're not committed stayers, and were/are milking this country for what its worth with one foot still in their own countries?

If they're not committed then why would they apply for citizenship now?Wonder how many expat Brits still have one foot here...?

I was going to make a reasoned reply,but I then read your Nick Griffin v Muhammad Ali thread.