The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

And you believe that dissident EU workers will flock to the U.K. as refugees from the corrupt elite of France,Germany,Holland,Belgium etc.

Have we room to help these downtrodden masses?

The number of EU nationals applying for British citizenship more than doubled last year.

The rise in citizenship bids from EU nationals contrasts with the number lodged by applicants from the rest of the world, which fell by 11%. The figures also show the number of EU nationals granted British citizenship in 2017 almost doubled.

Many EU nationals are now desperate to leave the federalist state, and settle in a non-EU country such as the UK. When the Euro crisis explodes again, as it surely will, then huge numbers of people fleeing the economic devastation will seek sanctuary here.

And I, for one, won't blame them.

You consider child sexual abuse to be the equivalent of living in the UK after we have left the EU?

I suggest that you are seriously misguided in your opinions.

hahahaha you must be really twisted to twist things around like you manage

The number of EU nationals applying for British citizenship more than doubled last year.

The rise in citizenship bids from EU nationals contrasts with the number lodged by applicants from the rest of the world, which fell by 11%. The figures also show the number of EU nationals granted British citizenship in 2017 almost doubled.

Many EU nationals are now desperate to leave the federalist state, and settle in a non-EU country such as the UK. When the Euro crisis explodes again, as it surely will, then huge numbers of people fleeing the economic devastation will seek sanctuary here.

The number of immigrants from the EU last year was the lowest for 5 years...and the highest number for a decade left the UK..

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/uk-immigration-latest-brexit-eu-migrants-workers-talks-statistics-falling-a8222736.html

are they all rushing to other none EU countries en masse then? or just us?

Carboot is making a good observation, that a high number of EU nationals are applying for UK citizenship in the knowledge the UK is exiting the EU in the near future.

If being in the EU is so great, and leaving is such a bad idea, what is your explanation of this?

Carboot is making a good observation, that a high number of EU nationals are applying for UK citizenship in the knowledge the UK is exiting the EU in the near future.

If being in the EU is so great, and leaving is such a bad idea, what is your explanation of this?

Already been done earlier in the thread...can you explain the numbers in the Independent article I linked to if a post EU UK will be beneficial to them?

thought this had already been mentioned? they already live here, its their home, they dont want to be booted out once the door slams shut. nothing more nothing less, it doesnt mean the EUs a cesspit and they cant stand living there like mr carboot will try saying.

Its peoples lives, they came here for whatever originally, and are now settled

How about, they are already here and they have made their home and life here, maybe have children in school here, and are not currently in a position to move back to mainland Europe.

Whilst we are EU members they need not apply for citizenship to stay. Once we leave, they may need to be UK citizens to stay here, so they are applying for citizenship.

I haven't twisted anything around.

You come out with lots of nonsense, but this one takes the absolute biscuit. It’s akin to saying abused girls in Rotherham prefer being abused over going home to their broken family whilst not having a clue about their families... please refrain from speaking on other peoples behalf.

The above quote states that my assertion that "EU workers would rather remain in a non-EU UK than return to the undemocratic, failing EU" is akin (similar) to child sexual abuse victims preferring to be abused rather than returning home to a broken family.

As you can clearly read, melthebell, there has been absolutely no requirement for me to "twist things around". It's all in the post.

As for my being "really twisted" I suggest you examine the content of your own character before defending the indefensible.

Or, if that is too difficult, just read a post and attempt to understand it before replying.

Edited by Car Boot

Never in a million years, would any EU national legitimately here before Brexit be made to leave after Brexit is implemented. The very notion is scaremongering nonsense.