The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

I haven't twisted anything around.

The above quote states that my assertion that "EU workers would rather remain in a non-EU UK than return to the undemocratic, failing EU" is akin (similar) to child sexual abuse victims preferring to be abused rather than returning home to a broken family.

As you can clearly read, there has been absolutely no requirement for me to "twist things around". It's all in the post.

As for my being "really twisted" I suggest you examine the content of your own character before defending the indefensible.

Or, if that is too difficult, just read a post and attempt to understand it before replying.

You exaggerated your point and so did I. EU citizens like me live here, work here, have got married here, made friends and generally a life.

Your notion that I won’t return because of the EU is ludicrous.

In reply to Alan - if that is the case, than why did May not immediately sign the reciprocal agreement on rights for Brits in the EU and EU citizens in the UK when it was on the table?

Rather than full citizenship, which I have now, she is proposing a ‘special status’.

Special in the sense that guarantees can be withdrawn at the whim of whatever government is in power, something unthinkable within the EU framework.

I haven't twisted anything around.

The above quote states that my assertion that "EU workers would rather remain in a non-EU UK than return to the undemocratic, failing EU" is akin (similar) to child sexual abuse victims preferring to be abused rather than returning home to a broken family.

As you can clearly read, melthebell, there has been absolutely no requirement for me to "twist things around". It's all in the post.

As for my being "really twisted" I suggest you examine the content of your own character before defending the indefensible.

Or, if that is too difficult, just read a post and attempt to understand it before replying.

TWISTING it yet again :roll::suspect:

what you said was

You consider child sexual abuse to be the equivalent of living in the UK after we have left the EU?

I suggest that you are seriously misguided in your opinions.

what you originally said that Tims post was in reply to

The EU workers would rather remain in a non-EU UK than return to the undemocratic, failing EU. They understand that the EU has been designed to facilitate the needs of a corrupt elite.

they are both completely different, make your mind up, living in the UK after brexit, OR a failing EU, make your mind up

they are both completely different, make your mind up, living in the UK after brexit, OR a failing EU, make your mind up

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

I posted:

The EU workers would rather remain in a non-EU UK than return to the undemocratic, failing EU.

tzijlstra responded with:

You come out with lots of nonsense, but this one takes the absolute biscuit. It’s akin to saying abused girls in Rotherham prefer being abused over going home to their broken family whilst not having a clue about their families... please refrain from speaking on other peoples behalf.

I then made the below post because it was quite clear to me that tzijlstra was using child sexual abuse victims preferring to be abused rather than return home as an equivalent to my statement that EU Nationals would rather remain in a future non-EU UK:

You consider child sexual abuse to be the equivalent of living in the UK after we have left the EU?

I suggest that you are seriously misguided in your opinions.

As for EU Nationals choosing to live in the UK after Brexit, or to return home to a failing EU, well many of them are already voting with their British citizenship applications about which state they feel will offer the better life chances for them and their children.

And it isn't the EU.

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

As for EU Nationals choosing to live in the UK after Brexit, or to return home to a failing EU, well many of them are already voting with their British citizenship applications about which state they feel will offer the better life chances for them and their children.

And it isn't the EU.

Far more are leaving or not even coming here...

In reply to Alan - if that is the case, than why did May not immediately sign the reciprocal agreement on rights for Brits in the EU and EU citizens in the UK when it was on the table?

I think that was because by doing so she would also have to accept the other EU rights that were attached to it. This also implies other rights such as the right to be joined by your family. It would also mean she would have to accept any ECJ rulings on the above.

Carboot is making a good observation, that a high number of EU nationals are applying for UK citizenship in the knowledge the UK is exiting the EU in the near future.

If being in the EU is so great, and leaving is such a bad idea, what is your explanation of this?

If the EU is that bad,why aren't UK nationals living in it all rushing back to the UK now they know they can be out of the EU?

If the EU is that bad,why aren't UK nationals living in it all rushing back to the UK now they know they can be out of the EU?

A lot of them may well end up doing, we'll have to see how it pans out.

Btw, you might as well stop bringing up British nationals abroad, particularly in Spain, as a way of trying to show up Brexit voters as hypocrites, because believe me, no one gives a toss about them.

A lot of them may well end up doing, we'll have to see how it pans out.

Btw, you might as well stop bringing up British nationals abroad, particularly in Spain, as a way of trying to show up Brexit voters as hypocrites, because believe me, no one gives a toss about them.

Right,so first of all we've got a stampede of EU nationals all showing how much they want to 'get out of the EU' already,but strangely,no such evidence of the UK nationals doing the same.

Your second point shows that there is a good reason for that,and that the EU does indeed care more about all peoples rights than what UK Brexiters and maybe the UK government do.