The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

As for EU Nationals choosing to live in the UK after Brexit, or to return home to a failing EU, well many of them are already voting with their British citizenship applications about which state they feel will offer the better life chances for them and their children.

And it isn't the EU.

NO THEY ARE NOT... They are opting into UK citizenship because their lives here are threatened by an indecisive and chaotic government that doesn't seem to be able to even begin to spell what their situation is going to be after Brexit. Just in case you missed it, Brexit is happening soon. They are forced to adopt citizenship or risk the same situation that I am facing - 'Special status' where the UK government can decide that, if god forbid, my British wife passes away I can no longer work here.

Stop being obtuse - Pot/Kettle/Black.

I think that was because by doing so she would also have to accept the other EU rights that were attached to it. This also implies other rights such as the right to be joined by your family. It would also mean she would have to accept any ECJ rulings on the above.

There is a huge amount of time since then and now, the EU would have accepted an alternative if the UK had put it on the table, May put bugger all on the table (and still isn't doing so).

There is a huge amount of time since then and now, the EU would have accepted an alternative if the UK had put it on the table, May put bugger all on the table (and still isn't doing so).

Sorry but I don't think so and there is no reason to believe they would have either, something that May also knows full well. The EU have shown then and now how inflexible they are in that matter as they will only accept a deal on their terms. Those terms include free movement of worker and also the rights that come with it, its a case of you cant have one without the other.

Did a Moderator remove my post asking about where ENG601PM was and wanting to know if they were going to answer my question about who they blamed for the destruction of the coal and steel industries?

I'm here. I blame an uncompetitive UK industry that failed to modernise working practices in a wider environment where subsidy was necessary to compete, but unavailable. I expect you'll just blame Thatcher, which makes discussion pointless.

Sorry but I don't think so and there is no reason to believe they would have either, something that May also knows full well. The EU have shown then and now how inflexible they are in that matter as they will only accept a deal on their terms. Those terms include free movement of worker and also the rights that come with it, its a case of you cant have one without the other.

I don’t care whether you think so or not, if you were in my position you wouldn’t either.

I'm here. I blame an uncompetitive UK industry that failed to modernise working practices in a wider environment where subsidy was necessary to compete, but unavailable. I expect you'll just blame Thatcher, which makes discussion pointless.

The same U.K. industry that is going to try to compete for world trade ,probably with much less overseas investment after Brexit.

British manufacturing,such as it is,accounts for only 10% of our GDP,but still contributes 40% of our exports.

I am still looking for words of cheer from our politicians or forum contributors,but finding none.

If the EU is that bad,why aren't UK nationals living in it all rushing back to the UK now they know they can be out of the EU?

If the EU is so good, why aren't EU Nationals living in the UK rushing to get the first plane back to an EU member state? Why are EU nationals still coming to the UK if Brexit is going to be so disastrous? Why are so many EU Nationals, in increasing numbers, applying for British citizenship in the full knowledge that we are leaving the EU?

Perhaps it's because they no longer wish to be governed by an unelected beauracratic elite who consider themselves born to rule? Could they think that being a part of an outdated economic and political union which has delivered an ever decreasing share of world trade every single year since the 1970's, and very high youth unemployment is simply not good enough in the 21st Century?

The EU just doesn't cut it anymore. Better off out.

If the EU is so good, why aren't EU Nationals living in the UK rushing to get the first plane back to an EU member state? Why are EU nationals still coming to the UK if Brexit is going to be so disastrous? Why are so many EU Nationals, in increasing numbers, applying for British citizenship in the full knowledge that we are leaving the EU?

Perhaps it's because they no longer wish to be governed by an unelected beauracratic elite who consider themselves born to rule? Could they think that being a part of an outdated economic and political union which has delivered an ever decreasing share of world trade every single year since the 1970's, and very high youth unemployment is simply not good enough in the 21st Century?

The EU just doesn't cut it anymore. Better off out.

You Should answer my reply, thicko.

So what does that have to do with the EU? Are you suggesting the British Conservative Government would not have embarked on a deliberate campaign of destroying the heavily unionised coal and steel industries and would have subsidised those industries if the UK hadn’t been in the EU?