The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Perhaps some sort of budget crackdown on agency workers is in order then?

---------- Post added 26-02-2018 at 09:00 ----------

Labour's magical thinking will be out today

Don’t expect much at all. Labour still doesn’t have any kind of coherent trade policy on Brexit.

This is simply a move to ratchet up the pressure on May, maybe to get the Tories to be clearer about what they want.

Utter Shambles on both sides

Don’t expect much at all. Labour still doesn’t have any kind of coherent trade policy on Brexit.

This is simply a move to ratchet up the pressure on May, maybe to get the Tories to be clearer about what they want.

Utter Shambles on both sides

Indeed it is. If it pushes the government to negotiate with a backbone and a strategy it will have served it's allegedly unintended purpose.

I can't imagine that Jezza would deliberately sacrifice Labour's reputation on an undeliverable policy so I can only imagine that its a pressure tactic to force the hard Brexit that the hard left wants, and hoping that it will force a general election close behind, and that Labour can summon up enough support from the naive under 30's and bourgeoisie to 'clear up the mess'.

This in itself would be a risky strategy and relies on there being enough mugs who believe today's magical thinking is possible, so it might equally be Jezza trying to head off his own nascent internecine wars. Labour has managed to keep it's internal conflict under cover recently but it WILL break out and it will make the Tories infighting look like playschool.

Edited by ENG601PM

Indeed it is. If it pushes the government to negotiate with a backbone and a strategy it will have served it's allegedly unintended purpose.

I can't imagine that Jezza would deliberately sacrifice Labour's reputation on an undeliverable policy so I can only imagine that its a pressure tactic to force the hard Brexit that the hard left wants, and hoping that it will force a general election close behind, and that Labour can summon up enough support from the naive under 30's and bourgeoisie to 'clear up the mess'.

This in itself would be a risky strategy and relies on there being enough mugs who believe today's magical thinking is possible, so it might equally be Jezza trying to head off his own nascent internecine wars. Labour has managed to keep it's internal conflict under cover recently but it WILL break out and it will make the Tories infighting look like playschool.

The referendum was a 'in' or 'out' decision. We are coming out.

The deal once out was never clearly agreed upon, or even thought about, by the rag-tag coalition of the Leavers. So the biggest lead on the 'view of the Nation' is the snap General Election which clearly was one of a soft Brexit.

Labour are 'at last' putting clothes on their Brexit conditions. And it appears that this small move has prompted the Tory's to do something!!

It is reported that a Friday statement by May will make the amendment un-necessary.

Somehow , I doupt it.

Is that magical thinking like believing that a British Conservative Government would have subsidised the coal and steel industries of the UK rather than destroying them to break the power of the unions?

Did you have a think about my proposal that Brexit would lead to the poor being worse off due to a British Conservative Government taking it as an opportunity to erode workers rights and make it more difficult for the financially challenged to access services e.t.c? you know, stuff like legal representation, health care, a voice through collective bargaining e.t.c.

Is that magical thinking like believing that a British Conservative Government would have subsidised the coal and steel industries of the UK rather than destroying them to break the power of the unions?

Except that Labour government's oversaw more closures than Conservative governments.

And you still can't get around your small problem of the European Coal and Steel Community and it's latter day EU being around for 7 decades, protecting French and German big business interests at the expense of UK interests, which somewhat ironically and unhelpfully for your argument will be what kicks the EU into shape over Brexit.

Did you have a think about my proposal that Brexit would lead to the poor being worse off due to a British Conservative Government taking it as an opportunity to erode workers rights.

Evidence please.

Except that Labour government's oversaw more closures than Conservative governments.

And you still can't get around your small problem of the European Coal and Steel Community and it's latter day EU being around for 7 decades, protecting French and German big business interests at the expense of UK interests, which somewhat ironically and unhelpfully for your argument will be what kicks the EU into shape over Brexit.

The UK had every opportunity to join the ECSC,but declined due to their Eurosceptism,the Americans backed the Europeans plan and actively encouraged it,so the only ones to blame for anything detrimental to the UK industry was purely down to the UK.

The UK had every opportunity to join the ECSC,but declined due to their Eurosceptism,the Americans backed the Europeans plan and actively encouraged it,so the only ones to blame for anything detrimental to the UK industry was purely down to the UK.

We've just taken the opportunity. Bye bye EU. Cya. Wouldn't want to be ya.