The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Fair play to John Major.

He may be a Tory but he is one of the few public figures in the last 18 months to say that the majority of people in the UK did NOT vote for Brexit!

"The country voted for Brexit!!!" No we didn't!

Err...

I think that, on a high turnout of 72.2 per cent, the majority of voters DID in fact vote to leave the EU.

At a more local level, 58 per cent of people living in Yorkshire and the Humber voted resoundingly to leave the EU monster club. Fair play to them, they weren't frightened into voting the way Goldman Sachs and the majority of the Westminster elite wanted them to.

Anyone who voted Leave is a hero in my book.

Fair play to John Major.

He may be a Tory but he is one of the few public figures in the last 18 months to say that the majority of people in the UK did NOT vote for Brexit!

is he still-grey or gone blue?

---------- Post added 28-02-2018 at 23:19 ----------

Why can’t some people still not understand that the EU is a collection of 28 countries, not some standalone nefarious multi-headed hydra.

It is 27 we votes out ,out ,out ,out ,out ,out ,out , get used to it.

I think that, on a high turnout of 72.2 per cent, the majority of voters DID in fact vote to leave the EU. book.

Adult population of UK about 51 million.

Those who voted for Brexit 17 million.

Those who didn't vote for Brexit 33\51 x 100 =64.7%

I say again, they MAJORITY of adults in the UK (64.7%) did NOT vote for Brexit!

we votes out ,out ,out ,out ,out ,out ,out , get used to it.

You fail to understand that its not about the POPULATION but about those in the population that are REGISTERED to vote as it only those that count. See my signature as to be correct that only works out at 34.7%. As in any election those that are registered to vote but don't vote are classed as abstaining and do not get factored in as figures are based on turnout.

Registered Voters = 45,766,000

Leave voters = 17,410,742

Remain voters = 16,141,241

Abstaining = 12,214,017

Edited by apelike
Additional info

They should have got off their arses and voted then instead not voting!

You fail to understand that its not about the POPULATION but about those in the population that are REGISTERED to vote as it only those that count. See my signature as to be correct that only works out at 34.7%. As in any election those that are registered to vote but don't vote are classed as abstaining and do not get factored in as figures are based on turnout.

Registered Voters = 45,766,000

Leave voters = 17,410,742

Remain voters = 16,141,241

Abstaining = 12,214,017

That is not a compelling case for fundamental and permanent change to the country.

It looks like utter madness.

That is not a compelling case for fundamental and permanent change to the country.

It looks like utter madness.

Err...

You don't think that asking the electorate to decide on a major issue with a national vote is a compelling case for change?

Do you feel the same way about general elections?

Do you support democracy or fear it?

---------- Post added 01-03-2018 at 08:09 ----------

Fair play to John Major.

"I know of no precedent for any Government enacting a policy that will make both our country and our people poorer." John Major, speaking about Brexit.

But he lied.

For his government enacted a policy for Britain to join the Exchange Rate Mechanism and it was pursued, disastrously and extremely expensively, because of a Europhile dogmatic attachment to the EU.

John Major is responsible for Black Wednesday. He made the country and the people poorer - because the EU demanded it.

Edited by Car Boot