The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Or maybe the government had overwhelming support and could push things through without a need to consult the electorate...

Can't be that as in the debates in parliament in 1971/1972 the act enabling us to join only just scraped through.

First reading a majority of 112

Second reading a majority of 8

Third reading a majority of 17

Not very overwhelming and the government were warned that the populace at large didn't want it.

Can't be that as in the debates in parliament in 1971/1972 the act enabling us to join

only just scraped through.

First reading a majority of 112

Second reading a majority of 8

Third reading a majority of 17

Not very overwhelming and the government were warned that the populace at large didn't want it.

Now who was it that was saying a majority is a majority...

Although the sentiment is similar to the brexit vote - small majority and the populace at large don't want it...

So whether pro or anti did you find words of comfort in Mays aspirational speech.

I cannot say that I did.

Much recognition of the benefits of the single market and customs union.......but we are ditching these whilst we pursue a special and lasting relationship with Europe.

Even though it will damage our economy.

I cannot see anything there to cheer me.

So what do people think about Mays "hard facts"?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43250035

This bit popped out at me

Associate membership of EU medicines, chemical and aviation agencies, accepting their rules and making "appropriate" financial contributions

so we will still be accepting certain EU rules and paying the EU :hihi:

Just showing that there was not the overwhelming support you seem to think it was.

Maybe

adverb

adverb: maybe

perhaps; possibly.

"maybe I won't go back"

synonyms: perhaps, possibly, conceivably, it could be (that), it is possible (that), for all one knows; More

Obviously you are uneducated as well as I put a dictionary link to it, you need to get out more and stop being a sheep.

Where in those links does it say anything about the term napper with regards Sheffield?

What was that about education? :rolleyes: