The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

So what has napper got to do with Sheffield? You gave links but they don’t seem to relate to your comment anout being from Sheffield. You appear to have resorted to abuse instead of simply answering. Why have you resorted to abuse?

It's a term widely used in Sheffield, the fact you haven't heard it means you need to get out more.

I have heard the word napper being used as in “sort your Napper out” which translates to “sort your head out”.

Now you see this was a reasonable answer. Thanks.

---------- Post added 02-03-2018 at 18:34 ----------

And a lad I played football with in the 60s used to shout “ ouch me napper” every time he headed a ball.

Perfectly good word and I wasn’t aware of any unacceptable meaning

Back to Mays Churchillian speech analysis.

And another response without abuse or nastyness. Cheers.

So...

Mrs May, yet again wanting her cake and eating it...

Fundamentally, she is proposing that the UK pays to stays in the EU, but gets no voting rights.

If you analyse her speech, the if I was a brexiteer, I'd be very unhappy.

If I was a European, I'd be laughing all the way to the negotiating table.

All we can hope for is that Frau Merkel has a bad cold when the agreement is signed and overlooks the desperate position the UK is in.

---------- Post added 02-03-2018 at 18:36 ----------

It's a term widely used in Sheffield, the fact you haven't heard it means you need to get out more.

I think I heard it in the 70s, maybe that is where backwards peter is coming from - it would explain his pro-brexit stance...

So...

Mrs May, yet again wanting her cake and eating it...

Fundamentally, she is proposing that the UK pays to stays in the EU, but gets no voting rights.

If you analyse her speech, the if I was a brexiteer, I'd be very unhappy.

If I was a European, I'd be laughing all the way to the negotiating table.

All we can hope for is that Frau Merkel has a bad cold when the agreement is signed and overlooks the desperate position the UK is in.

---------- Post added 02-03-2018 at 18:36 ----------

I think I heard it in the 70s, maybe that is where backwards peter is coming from - it would explain his pro-brexit stance...

If you heard it in the 70's why didn't you explain to fogey instead of trying to attack me, nothing backwards about me, but you may have the problem.