The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Panorama may be interesting tonight.

“Immigration ..who should we let in”

Of course ,this has nothing whatsoever to do with Brexit and was not a major consideration for any Brexit voter�� but I wonder if Farage will contribute.

I have it on now; employers are saying that workers are so scarce, they might have to increase wages!

An excellent summary of the brexit referendum.

Oh dear.

Euroscepticism was increasing year on year in the lead up to the 2016 referendum.There was growing public disquiet at our membership of the European superstate that could not be contained.

At the 2014 European elections, UKIP gained 4,376,635 votes compared to 4,020,646 for Labour, 3,792,549 for the Tories and just 1,087,633 for the party of the EU - the Liberal Democrats.

Cameron was right to give the public a vote on our membership, but not for his reasons of attempting to stabilise the Conservative party.

But because the will of the people demanded it.

Panorama may be interesting tonight.

“Immigration ..who should we let in”

Of course ,this has nothing whatsoever to do with Brexit and was not a major consideration for any Brexit voter�� but I wonder if Farage will contribute.

LOL ive only watched the first 5 minutes and the brexit idiots are looking like idiots Oo

They want immigration capped, yet when asked who should come in every job mentioned they said they should come in.

They said all people who shirk should be stopped, then when asked if immigrants in the area are shirkers...they said no they are hard working

:huh::loopy::suspect::help:

I found it an interesting and informative programme.

Sorry that Farage was not on it but the Conservative MP for immigration(Caroline Nokes?) and Rees Mogg demonstrated another nod to what they believe the population wants.

All this without acknowledging that we need immigrants at all levels from service industries to drivers to engineers to hospital nurses and consultants.

I have it on now; employers are saying that workers are so scarce, they might have to increase wages!

But to pay those increased wages prices will have to rise which will fuel demands for higher wages still and so on.

A dose of 1970s hyperinflation will do us all good

Leave was all about giving a wage rise to low paid workers.

Remain was about giving a pay rise to Goldman Sachs.

Right....so the person with an article explaining in excruciating detail exactly what had to be fixed and why is making it all up.

I didn't say he was making it all up and said he was a highly paid software consultant contracted to IBM. He himself in that article has also admitted that there was a huge amount of hype and that money was wasted.

Remain was about giving a pay rise to Goldman Sachs.

How’s that going so far?

We are 66% out, you’d expect to see immigration down and wages up a bit by now.

you mean to those still in a job?

The chairman of Aston Martin reckons without immigrants businesses like them become uncompitetive and jobs get lost, workers get laid off.

He also said for a high skilled electronics job the best person for it was in Japan, but it took 13 months from identifying that person, jumping through all the immigration hoops, to the person going into the job.

In real terms businesses generally dont have over a year to do these types of things