The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Remain was actually saying that the sky would fall in, the economy would collapse and that there would be World War 3 if we didn't support the EU puppet masters at the referendum.

Those who voted to Remain did so in reality to give the rich and powerful a pay rise at the expense of the most disadvantaged and vulnerable. Goldman Sachs, big business and the unelected beauracratic elite (who all consider themselves born to rule) will have certainly raised a glass or three of Dom Perignon to thank the useful idiot Remainers for supporting the EU gravy train.

I, and many others, voted LEAVE to give the poorest in our society a well deserved pay rise.

What a pile of unsubstantiated rubbish. More lies from a leave voter.

I voted remain because pretty much everything claimed by the leave campaign was bald faced lies, like your post, and because I believe we are better together trying to resolve our common problems than we are trying to scratch each others eyes out for a few fish.

The only thing remotely true about your post is that you maybe believe that you're trying to give the poor a pay rise, though with your reasoning based on the crap peddled about the EU it doesn't seem a particularly sound basis for the hoped for outcome. Even if they do get the pay rise they will simply see higher costs to go with it.

---------- Post added 09-03-2018 at 08:34 ----------

No laws ever came from Europe.

Directives come from Europe which we choose to incorporate into UK law to stay in the EU. Your argument is built on a faulty premise.

Directives which we contribute to the creation of, - or did.

---------- Post added 09-03-2018 at 08:37 ----------

No that's what you are making out not me. I was replying to Top Cats Hat = Pork Pie. ;)

So you're not saying it but you're effectively helping to prove it by accident.:|

The government’s own models suggest a worse outcome than remaining in every scenario.

Curiously Rees-Mogg has said he doesn’t trust the government models despite trusting the government to deliver Brexit.

How can the government proceed if it’s own economic models predict outcomes that are not in the national interest.

So you're saying the UK has suffered under the EU?

Proof, please? and facts not opinion...

To be honest ,even as a staunch Europhile I could easily cite some areas where the UK may have been disadvantaged by membership of the EU.

This is because decisions are made for the greater good of its members rather than in favour of a particular country.

However my argument will always be that the benefits of membership far outweigh the negatives.

This is because decisions are made for the greater good of its members rather than in favour of a particular country.

However my argument will always be that the benefits of membership far outweigh the negatives.

EXACTLY, its about the whole goup of countries NOT JUST "great" britain, who arent really great anymore

I didn't say that either, try reading the post first before replying as it does help a bit. ;)

In case it helps its 7275..

If you're not saying either then...

So you're saying that membership of the EU hasn't been positive or detrimental to the UK?

---------- Post added 09-03-2018 at 20:20 ----------

To be honest ,even as a staunch Europhile I could easily cite some areas where the UK may have been disadvantaged by membership of the EU.

But we have no proof because the UK from the parallel universe hasn't reported back yet.

So everything is conjecture and opinion?