The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Hilarious, one of the closest run votes ever and you think that's a large mandate.

Perhaps you may care to explain when people in British Electoral history have ever voted for something or someone in bigger numbers than when they voted to leave the EU in June 2016?

Biggest mandate in history, my friend. And thats a FACT.

Now please respect the democratic outcome of the vote and let's all work together to make Leave the big success it fully deserves to be.

---------- Post added 14-03-2018 at 23:10 ----------

you sure on that? you still could be slightly disappointed yet :P

I agree. The forces at work opposing any sort of Brexit are formidable.

The global bankers, big business and the establishment elite all oppose the democratic will of the people and will do anything to ensure we remain in the EU rich mans club.

I stood with the poorest in our unequal, divided society against the might of the wealthy establishment figures that demanded we vote Remain or face pestilence, famine and war. The poorest refused to be cowed and delivered a huge democratic blow to the elite.

But I'm under no illusions. The people who have profited greatly from our EU membership at the expense of the poorest do not give up so easily.

Perhaps you may care to explain when people in British Electoral history have ever voted for something or someone in bigger numbers than when they voted to leave the EU in June 2016?

Now please respect the democratic outcome of the vote and let's all work together to make Leave the big success it fully deserves to be.

---------- Post added 14-03-2018 at 23:10 ----------

The global bankers, big business and the establishment elite all oppose the democratic will of the people and will do anything to ensure we remain in the EU rich mans club.

I stood with the poorest in our unequal, divided society against the might of the wealthy establishment figures that demanded we vote Remain or face pestilence, famine and war. The poorest refused to be cowed and delivered a huge democratic blow to the elite.

But I'm under no illusions. The people who have profited greatly from our EU membership at the expense of the poorest do not give up so easily.

It’s worse than you think.What about the many working class and unemployed who also think that they might have more chance of a job within the EU.

Whenever I see “FACT” writ large it's like a challenge.

How would you define the biggest mandate.

Would it be say a record turnout of say 50 million wth the vote split 51/49,or a lower turnout of 40 million with a 60/40 split.

I would have thought the difference between the votes had a greater bearing than the total votes.

I'll repeat again, a small, tiny even, majority and you think that's a strong mandate.

You've taken leave of your senses.

100 out of 100 is a huge mandate for something, 51 out of 100 is no mandate at all. Add as many zero's to the numbers as you like, but you've got the 51 scenario here. The overall size of the vote is irrelevant.

---------- Post added 15-03-2018 at 07:22 ----------

There could be a change of mind. But not until after we have left the EU. We must respect the democratic choice of the people and fully implement the decision of the June 2016 vote. Just as the June '75 decision was fully implemented.

Unless we have a 2018 vote and that reverses the 2016 vote. Then we can simply respect the most recent vote obviously.

Nice try, but what i actually meant, its unworkable in its hardest sense that you and your ilk want, take NI, its far too complex than just leave bugger the consequences

But not until after we have left the EU. We must respect the democratic choice of the people and fully implement the decision of the June 2016 vote. Just as the June '75 decision was fully implemented.

Why?

If the mandate has changed, then we should respect the mandate shouldn't we?

Why?

If the mandate has changed, then we should respect the mandate shouldn't we?

The June 1975 mandate was respected in full, and the will of the people carried out for 41 years.

The June 2016 mandate deserves at the very least the same amount of respect as was given in 1975, and the will of the people must be delivered in full.

Lets all work together to ensure a successful exit from the out of touch EU.

The June 1975 mandate was respected in full, and the will of the people carried out for 41 years.

The June 2016 mandate deserves at the very least the same amount of respect as was given in 1975, and the will of the people must be delivered in full.

Lets all work together to ensure a successful exit from the out of touch EU.

This has shown the country is divided more than ever, theres never gonna be any working together, its completely politically divided.

This has shown the country is divided more than ever, theres never gonna be any working together, its completely politically divided.

I am in agreement with you.

41 years of EU membership has divided the country both economically and politically.

The haves and the have-nots. The rich and the powerful, the poor and the powerless.

Curse the EU. It is a stain upon humanity.

I am in agreement with you.

41 years of EU membership has divided the country both economically and politically.

The haves and the have-nots. The rich and the powerful, the poor and the powerless.

Curse the EU. It is a stain upon humanity.

hahaha nice twist, we've had the haves and the halve nots since the dawn of man, do you not know what lords and kings and queens do?