The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

As for fisheries does anybody seriously believe that if the U.K. ever got control back over fisheries that the North Sea harbours would fill up again with little trawlers putting a fishy on a little dishie every night.

Is it just like another other job, there is always someone that will do it cheaper; how much of our waters should we control?

I hope you are not expecting 200 miles UK fishing zone, lol, you will be lucky to get 20 miles.

You lot keep saying this. But you don’t understand how propaganda works.

No we dont, really.. Please read post 7698 and you will then know what I replied to.

---------- Post added 23-03-2018 at 12:43 ----------

What? like a referendum?

No the referendum was about leaving the EU, not about voting on EU policy making.

I will just settle for us being worse off being outside the EU.

We are willingly giving up the only arena where we have a voice and influence.

That’s enough for me to continue to think that Brexit is a self inflicted and self harming act.

Well I got a laugh out of this any how. We have that much of a voice and influence that at the death, Cameroon went over to the EU to beg for change to pacify the leavers, and came away with zilch - diddly-squat – goose egg – jack – jack squat – nunya – squat – zilch – zip – zippo or nothing. Aye we certainly have influence over the water.

Well I got a laugh out of this any how. We have that much of a voice and influence that at the death, Cameroon went over to the EU to beg for change to pacify the leavers, and came away with zilch - diddly-squat – goose egg – jack – jack squat – nunya – squat – zilch – zip – zippo or nothing. Aye we certainly have influence over the water.

More Brexiter lies I see.

The actuality...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-35622105

When you have 27 other countries to deal with that have to agree on a qualified majority to change anything and then it only takes one to veto very little changes. France, Germany and Holland are the usual culprits to veto any changes. It seem they are also the ones in the limelight when it come to Brexit as well. To top it all we then threw away many rights of veto (around 40) in several policy areas by signing the Maastricht treaty.

---------- Post added 23-03-2018 at 13:07 ----------

The actuality...

These were promises and changes in regulation providing other member states agreed, and would not come into force immediately as any legislation would need to be approved and voted on. In fact I noticed this which ties in with my previous comments:

"But Mr Cameron ran into unexpectedly firm resistance from France on financial regulation. The French wanted to underline was that Britain would not win any "exceptions to the rules of the EU" - particularly in relation to regulation in the City - hence the addition of the "level playing field" line."

Wasn't that because he wasn't actually asking for anything we didn't already have?

He just couldn't really say that because it would prompt questions like why don't the British government enforce it already?

I will just settle for us being worse off being outside the EU.

We are willingly giving up the only arena where we have a voice and influence.

That’s enough for me to continue to think that Brexit is a self inflicted and self harming act.

David Cameron learned to his cost just how much of a voice and influence the UK has in a union of 28 member states.

He was simply a deluded remainiac.

The actuality...

The Cameron EU 'deal', of February 2016, was barely mentioned by the Remain side in the referendum campaign! They knew that the deal didn’t amount to much, if anything. The Remainers felt too ashamed to use it in their campaign and it was hoped it would be quietly forgotten about.

"I’m convinced that the day the Leave vote won was when the prime minister came back with no powers returned". Daniel Hannan, Conservative MEP.