The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

The selfishness of sore losing remain voters know no bounds. Referendums and elections in this country are conducted by secret ballots. Voters have no obligation to make public which way they vote or give reasons to justify the way they vote. There will be millions of honest decent voters, who will never have had any of the candidates they have ever voted for, be elected to be their MP. For millions of these honest voters, the EU referendum will be the first time they have voted for the winning side. Sore losers seek to cheat these honest people out of their one and only ballot box victory.

I have come to the conclusion sore losers are horrible unprincipled people, who have no respect for the wishes of their peers, who voted a different way to them. If these awful people had any common decency, then they would move to one the remaining EU members and make our country a much more pleasant place top live, by their departure.

The selfishness of sore losing remain voters know no bounds. Referendums and elections in this country are conducted by secret ballots. Voters have no obligation to make public which way they vote or give reasons to justify the way they vote. There will be millions of honest decent voters, who will never have had any of the candidates they have ever voted for, be elected to be their MP. For millions of these honest voters, the EU referendum will be the first time they have voted for the winning side. Sore losers seek to cheat these honest people out of their one and only ballot box victory.

I have come to the conclusion sore losers are horrible unprincipled people, who have no respect for the wishes of their peers, who voted a different way to them. If these awful people had any common decency, then they would move to one the remaining EU members and make our country a much more pleasant place top live, by their departure.

....3/10, clumsy effort

I like:

Working time directives are good.

Right to be forgotten.

Most elements of human rights law.

Climate Change directives.

The UK government insisted on there being an opt out from the working time directives.

The UK government resisted the right to be forgotten provisions.

May wants the UK to leave the ECHR.

May made Gove (who cut climate change from the curriculum when education secretary) environment secretary.

Good luck keeping any of those things you mentioned you like after Brexit.

Yep, you've already said that, but won't say what swayed your vote. We know part of it was personal speculation on the demise of the EU in the future, but not the other reasons.

It's almost as if you're embarrassed.

Are you embarrassed, do you feel duped?

Nope, is the remains that feel duped.

---------- Post added 11-07-2017 at 13:32 ----------

Possibly one of the stupidest posts in the whole discussion.

You do realise that it was in reply to a previous comment of mine, read post 234 in context.

Edited by apelike

The UK government insisted on there being an opt out from the working time directives.

The UK government resisted the right to be forgotten provisions.

May wants the UK to leave the ECHR.

May made Gove (who cut climate change from the curriculum when education secretary) environment secretary.

Good luck keeping any of those things you mentioned you like after Brexit.

The merits of the current government is a short sighted way to look at it. The future is our oyster!

....3/10, clumsy effort

I keep thinking he's on a wind up but then I'm just not sure. I think he actually believes the drivel he posts.

---------- Post added 11-07-2017 at 13:40 ----------

1: a non punitive TA with the EU, focused on supporting U.K. Industry and economic needs.

2: Control of immigration, so we choose who we let in and under what terms.

3: control of our own laws.

4: secure rights for some current immigrants and ex-pats abroad.

5: security co-operation agreement.

That'll do for starters.

Thank you for being of the few leavers to be able to answer articulately why you voted to leave without resorting to calling the remainers abusive names. I don't agree with your summary but I can respect your reasons. Fingers crossed we both get your wish list without too much economic pain, but sadly I still can't support Brexit at all.

The merits of the current government is a short sighted way to look at it. The future is our oyster!

It wasn't the current government who insisted on the working time directives opt out.

The direction of travel is towards losing those things. The best you can hope for is parliament wasting lost of time and money with Tory governments getting rid of them and Labour governments restoring them - much the same as they've long done with policy on building nuclear power stations.

They won't leave because they are unprincipled, they would have the country sink alongside the EU, can't see many remoaners getting on the good ship EU, they would rather stay in safety and moan.