The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

change the record you know nowt, just personal attack after personal attack :rolleyes:

What's a personal attack about that? Just pointing out you might be able to get a job, or is it that what's the problem? So you won't be able to spend all day on here moaning about brexit.

Thankfully,that's not the EU I live in,and long may it continue to be that way,the Londoncentric UK and the deprived provinces that the have nots,the forgotten and the just about managing will soon have to replace EU regeneration money with UK money,let's see how much the UK governments are prepared to throw at these places,or tell the people who live there that they are a complete waste of time and money.

Let's all hope that this wasted money is not replaced.

A4e, a private contractor, received €60m in European Social Fund (ESF) funding from 2007 - 2010 alone, through programmes designed to promote economic and social cohesion such as workfare - forcing the unemployed to work for big business for just their benefits in return.

The company was one of the biggest corporate beneficiaries of the European Union’s structural funds programme, according to a joint investigation by the Financial Times and the non-profit Bureau of Investigative Journalism.

A4e consistently missed performance targets, but thanks to the EU it made its bosses very rich. At the expense of the poorest in society.

---------- Post added 26-03-2018 at 17:48 ----------

Could you give us some examples of these failures?

Perversely the ESF claims its aim is to ‘help millions of Europeans improve their lives by learning new skills and finding better jobs’. Yet A4e continues to fail to meet its targets to get people into work and to ruin lives via sanctions. The EU continues to fund it to do so. Not to be outdone, REED and Deloitte-owned Ingeus have their snouts in the trough as well: REED were recently awarded £4.9 million. ESF-funded Ingeus recently had a visit from an EU commissioner to highlight its ‘successes’, which is odd given that it too is failing to meet its minimum Work Programme targets.

http://www.boycottworkfare.org/workfare-eu/

The European Social Fund (ESF) is about snouts in the trough for big business.

Vote REMAIN and support the gravy train!

Edited by Car Boot

What's a personal attack about that? Just pointing out you might be able to get a job, or is it that what's the problem? So you won't be able to spend all day on here moaning about brexit.

at least 4 times youve "mentioned" it, This ones the first time youve actually been on topic in the post.

for the record, youre out of date, ive only been out of work since november and got a couple of things in the pipeline.

I was also IN work since 2004 till last november, and made redundant BECAUSE of brexit.

now maybe youll change the record ;)

---------- Post added 26-03-2018 at 16:42 ----------

[/color]

The EU doesn't have any money, only what the members pay in. We pay in a lot and get a bit back.

You'll be OK when we leave. You might get one of the jobs when all the remoaners leave as they keep promising us, then you won't need to spend another 18 years on the dole.

Spoken like a true Brexiteer.

Your concern for those in an unfortunate situation warms the cockles of ones heart.

Who cares about the have nots.

I’m all right Jack. (Right being the operative word)

The have nots outrank the haves, lets see how the haves do at election times, perhaps they will see sense.

What kind of sense are you seeking? People vote on what benefits them the most. So for me, it would be the continued reduction of the welfare state and have the money spent on more meaningful projects such as the NHS and public services in general.

If this causes the social divide to widen then so be it as it doesn’t affect me. The “have nots” do not win elections.

What kind of sense are you seeking? People vote on what benefits them the most. So for me, it would be the continued reduction of the welfare state and have the money spent on more meaningful projects such as the NHS and public services in general.

The NHS is part of the welfare state - a very substantial part of it.

If this causes the social divide to widen then so be it as it doesn’t affect me. The “have nots” do not win elections.

In numbers they do.

Could you give us some examples of these failures?

One that immediately comes to mind was the Digital Region project in South Yorkshire, there was one in Wales the Canolfan Cywain rural heritage centre, and this link is about the waste of the £465m fund to create 10,000 new jobs in Cornwall which only managed to create 3,557 jobs. That works out at £130,728 just to create a job!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-33360841

And there are plenty more examples of where money was pumped in to projects which never got anywhere near their proposed target.

It seems stupid and a waste of money to take money from developed countries and then give them some money back. After the EU (middle man) have taken their cut in expenses to administer the funds only a portion is left.

Edited by apelike

Spoken like a true Brexiteer.

Your concern for those in an unfortunate situation warms the cockles of ones heart.

Who cares about the have nots.

I’m all right Jack. (Right being the operative word)

I guess the person who wrote 'Why should the pond life that dragged itself from the estates to the ballot box be allowed to ruin everything for the rest of us?' on a readers comment at the bottom of an article in 'The Independent' after the referendum was a shining example of Remainer inclusivity and empathy?