The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

You accuse me of personal attacks but have no problem calling people who voted for brexit idiots.

You've also told us that the UK is going down the pan but you have no problem accepting the benefits living here gives.

If somebody does something idiotic does that make them an idiot? in my eyes voting brexit is the most idiotic thing anybody could do so this makes them an idiot (in my eyes) if you take that personally then thats up to you.

Not sure what you mean by the second part, i believe we wont "prosper" like some seem to think, i struggle to think where better deals than we already had will come from. despite what some try and say i dont think employability will be higher i think we'll actually lose jobs and if the economy does suffer i can see there being more cuts to benefits and help, and more austerity.

And not one brexit voter has actually put straight forward, honest facts on how they think it will be improved or even an honest appraisal of how the government are doing.

The MAC says businesses employ EU migrants not because they are prepared to accept lower pay and conditions but because they are prepared to do work that British workers won’t. The vast majority do not deliberately seek to fill vacancies with migrant workers.

“Why does business employ EEA migrants? The simple answer is because they are the best available candidates. Understandably, employers are unenthusiastic about the prospect of restrictions on the pool of possible workers,” concludes the report, which cites 40% lower absenteeism rates for EU migrants compared with UK-born workers in some lower-skilled sectors.

Why aren't their own countries prosperous if they are supposed to work better than British workers?

If somebody does something idiotic does that make them an idiot? in my eyes voting brexit is the most idiotic thing anybody could do so this makes them an idiot (in my eyes) if you take that personally then thats up to you.

Not sure what you mean by the second part, i believe we wont "prosper" like some seem to think, i struggle to think where better deals than we already had will come from. despite what some try and say i dont think employability will be higher i think we'll actually lose jobs and if the economy does suffer i can see there being more cuts to benefits and help, and more austerity.

And not one brexit voter has actually put straight forward, honest facts on how they think it will be improved or even an honest appraisal of how the government are doing.

We were told before the referendum that a vote to leave would immediately cost hundreds of thousands of jobs. In fact employment is higher than its ever been and unemployment is so low it would normally be classed as full employment taking into account people moving between jobs.

The government is doing crap, but the alternative is even worse, if the present Labour Party is ever elected then you'll be able to look forward to some unemployment in the country as big business will be fleeing to avoid sky high taxes.

As for calling people who voted for brexit idiots, well that's over half of the electorate that voted, I know plenty who voted to remain and just because they voted differently to me I wouldn't dream of calling them idiots, but I suppose that's your prerogative but it's no way to win a discussion where people have different points of view.

---------- Post added 27-03-2018 at 16:37 ----------

Why aren't their own countries prosperous if they are supposed to work better than British workers?

I've often wondered about that.

Their own countries don't give them enough opportunity,they can make more money in the UK,nobody who is able is going to work for lower wages when they can get more for the same effort in another country,it's called bettering yourself.

We were told before the referendum that a vote to leave would immediately cost hundreds of thousands of jobs. In fact employment is higher than its ever been and unemployment is so low it would normally be classed as full employment taking into account people moving between jobs.

We havent left yet, indeed weve barely even negoatiated anything, and weve only got a year to go

Oh and brexit cost me and 18 others jobs in my personal experience ;)

---------- Post added 27-03-2018 at 16:45 ----------

Because you need more than willing workers to build a decent economy?

Oooops, you can't say that, that's much too sensible for this thread.

Angel1

I don't think British Business waste much time asking those sensible questions,they just hire them,because MAC says they do the jobs that the British won't..........don't worry,Brexit will concentrate a few minds,won't it,either that or May will have to get tough with the shirkers.:hihi:

I don't think British Business waste much time asking those sensible questions,they just hire them,because MAC says they do the jobs that the British won't..........don't worry,Brexit will concentrate a few minds,won't it,either that or May will have to get tough with the shirkers.:hihi:

yeah knowing the tories and tory apologists on here they will get rid of the "safety net" completely