The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

I don't think maths is your strong point either. Please check your facts. In fact, just research some facts instead of making it up. Thanks.

I don't think reading is your strong point, I never put any figures :huh: and I didn't make it up , I heard it on the news a couple of weeks ago when the whole Russia thing started . Thanks

I don't think reading is your strong point, I never put any figures :huh: and I didn't make it up , I heard it on the news a couple of weeks ago when the whole Russia thing started . Thanks

This one,

"A BEIS spokesman told Metro.co.uk: ‘Great Britain benefits from highly diverse and flexible sources of gas supply. ‘We estimate less than one per cent of our gas comes from Russia and are in no way reliant on it.’ They also told us that Liquefied Natural Gas supplies accounted for 12% of total UK gas supply in 2016. In 2016 – the latest consolidated stats – 46% of UK gas demand was met from UK production, it said. In the same time period, the UK received: 34% from Norway 11% from Qatar 6% from European pipelines Less than 1% from elsewhere"

http://metro.co.uk/2018/03/15/russia-going-turn-uks-gas-supply-off-7388488/

We don't use a lot of gas from Russia . France and Germany are far more dependant on Russian gas than we are

Point still stands.

We are dependent on imports from Russia.

---------- Post added 29-03-2018 at 22:57 ----------

Exactly but some use things like this in their scaremongering agenda

Scaremongering agenda = inconvenient truth

Do you really believe that ?

Ok, maybe you Brexiters could let off some farts to help us out. There’s plenty of gas there.

Seriously though. Where else is it going to come from as our domestic supplies decline.?

Point still stands.

We are dependent on imports from Russia.

No, I think that's overstating it a bit. The government wouldn't be going to town with this nerve agent incident if that were the case.

Ok, maybe you Brexiters could let off some farts to help us out. There’s plenty of gas there.

Seriously though. Where else is it going to come from as our domestic supplies decline.?

Childish comment . As for our gas running out , can we only get gas from Russia? And what timescale are you looking at before our gas runs out , 10,20,50 ,100 years ?

---------- Post added 29-03-2018 at 23:36 ----------

No, I think that's overstating it a bit. The government wouldn't be going to town with this nerve agent incident if that were the case.

Truth ..........

This one,

"A BEIS spokesman told Metro.co.uk: ‘Great Britain benefits from highly diverse and flexible sources of gas supply. ‘We estimate less than one per cent of our gas comes from Russia and are in no way reliant on it.’ They also told us that Liquefied Natural Gas supplies accounted for 12% of total UK gas supply in 2016. In 2016 – the latest consolidated stats – 46% of UK gas demand was met from UK production, it said. In the same time period, the UK received: 34% from Norway 11% from Qatar 6% from European pipelines Less than 1% from elsewhere"

http://metro.co.uk/2018/03/15/russia-going-turn-uks-gas-supply-off-7388488/

Looks like they're counting all the European pipeline gas that doesn't come from Qatar as coming from Norway, rather than Norway and Russia,

https://www.britishgas.co.uk/the-source/our-world-of-energy/energys-grand-journey/where-does-uk-gas-come-from