The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

I thought that you didn't live in the UK, wasn't eligible to vote in the EU referendum, and yet you claim "we're all out on the streets".

Has Brexit so destabilised the EU member states that once we leave the whole rotten edifice will crumble?

Now don't you worry,once the outrage is all arranged,I'll be back over before you can say 'which way will Corbyn jump today'.

Scared of a bit of democracy are you, worried that you'd lose the 2nd vote, now that people have wised up to the leave lies.

There will be a second vote and you will lose.

A poll last week showed almost one third of Remain voters now want the referendum’s outcome to be acted upon, and for us to finally leave the EU.

The continued no-show of the economic meltdown Remainers confidently predicted would absolutely certainly happen if we voted to Leave explains why.

A poll last week showed almost one third of Remain voters now want the referendum’s outcome to be acted upon, and for us to finally leave the EU.

The continued no-show of the economic meltdown Remainers confidently predicted would absolutely certainly happen if we voted to Leave explains why.

A poll I took last night in my front room (which has about the same validity as the one you quote) showed 100% support for remain.

The question was: Do you want to commit your children and your children's children to a lifetime of economic hardship and destitution by voting to leave the EU?

100% of the people in the room said no!

I'll go with the balance of polls, and they're most definately not looking good for leavers:-

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-news-remain-voters-second-eu-referendum-brexiteer-leave-nigel-farage-a8154946.html

51% Remain - 41% Leave.... :blush:

If there ever was to be another referendum I would hope that a lot more thought would be given to the framing of the question.

I suspect that 90% of those that voted will not be happy with the final deal.

Although another referendum is possible I think it highly improbable, and that Parliament itself would not allow it to go ahead. Maybe we could have a poll of the House of Commons as that would give us a better idea. :)

As for the questions in the referendums, people were quite happy before in 1975 to answer the one question: "Do you think the United Kingdom should stay in the European Community (the Common Market)?" And the government of the day then also acted on that result. If the 2016 referendum had flawed questions according to some then the one in 1975 was even worse and yet that was overwhelmingly accepted by the leave side.

---------- Post added 02-04-2018 at 13:55 ----------

A poll I took last night in my front room (which has about the same validity as the one you quote) showed 100% support for remain.

The question was: Do you want to commit your children and your children's children to a lifetime of economic hardship and destitution by voting to leave the EU?

Can you now explain how children (oh no, think of the children bit!) will be subject to "a lifetime of economic hardship and destitution?" I also took a poll and they all wanted to leave..

Edited by apelike

100% of the people in the room said no!

In June 2016 the whole of the UK had a vote to decide this very issue.

The majority of those who took part decided that we should leave the EU, as many people had already experienced a lifetime of economic hardship and destitution because we were in the EU.