The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Are you saying those who voted couldn't tell the difference between remain and leave, that's a great mind reading trick you have there, have you asked them all if you are right in your assumption.

Wonder if the voters can understand how to get out of a building with the word EXIT in front of them :rolleyes:

No, I am not saying that - but it exemplifies the problem with Brexiteers.

You read falsehoods and misunderstanding into what is written.

I am saying that no-one knew what a shambles the government would make of brexit and what a dog's dinner they would make of the leave process. The fact they haven't thought through the Irish Border, the CU, etc etc etc means that some level of oversight is needed and that is what the House of Lords is there to do, and is doing.

---------- Post added 24-04-2018 at 19:56 ----------

The whole process has been poor, foot dragging and complaining by the remoaners isn't helpful, cost's the country more money as they drag it on, losing jobs and industry.

Going against the will of the democratic majority for the benefit of aiding a foreign power, what would you call them?

Ahhh, its started, the loss of jobs and industry is now the 'remoaners' fault, not the fact that the UK has committed financial suicide by leaving the EU.

Don't say we didn't tell you so - although CarBoot will deny the fact that anything bad has happened...

The true answer is that a treaty looks like a contract but is unenforceable- an example of what's loosely called a voidable contract, i.e. binding on its parties until one of them decides not to be bound.
Ah, so that must be why the UK is negotiating a withdrawal period with the EU, and still scrambling around to try and get the non-EU G27 to agree with its WTO tariff schedules proposed with the EU last October: clearly, the unenforceability of the TEU and GATT provisions, LOL!

Not the first time I've reminded you that the UK doesn't exist in a vacuum: if you renege on your existing obligations (which can perfectly well be enforced or arbitrated before any Court that is expressly conferred jurisdiction in a treaty), unsurprisingly potential/future partners take heed.

Now, do you Leavers want those super-duper new trade deals with the US (which is objecting quite strongly to those proposed WTO tariff schedules btw; likewise Commonwealth 'partners' Oz and the Kiwis) and the others post-Brexit? Or don't you?

Because if you do, you'd better show how respectful you are of your 'non-binding' (-according to you) obligations with your longstanding partners in the first place, if you want those trade deals inked and rolling before the UK retrogrades too far down the socio-economic world order ;)

The whole process has been poor, foot dragging and complaining by the remoaners isn't helpful, cost's the country more money as they drag it on, losing jobs and industry.

Going against the will of the democratic majority for the benefit of aiding a foreign power, what would you call them?

---------- Post added 24-04-2018 at 19:43 ----------

If you don't know the difference between remain and leave,

help is at hand,

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/english

Yep I know the difference..will "leave" be the one you were expecting and hoping for...

we let you and your mob whine and tell lies about the EU for 40 years and we never said you were being undemocratic.

what you want isn't democracy its tyranny, democracy means people will disagree with you and you should respect that, all i see in you is hatred of anyone who disagrees with you.

---------- Post added 24-04-2018 at 20:27 ----------

Ah, so that must be why the UK is negotiating a withdrawal period with the EU, and still scrambling around to try and get the non-EU G27 to agree with its WTO tariff schedules proposed with the EU last October: clearly, the unenforceability of the TEU and GATT provisions, LOL!

Not the first time I've reminded you that the UK doesn't exist in a vacuum: if you renege on your existing obligations (which can perfectly well be enforced or arbitrated before any Court that is expressly conferred jurisdiction in a treaty), unsurprisingly potential/future partners take heed.

Now, do you Leavers want those super-duper new trade deals with the US (which is objecting quite strongly to those proposed WTO tariff schedules btw; likewise Commonwealth 'partners' Oz and the Kiwis) and the others post-Brexit? Or don't you?

Because if you do, you'd better show how respectful you are of your 'non-binding' (-according to you) obligations with your longstanding partners in the first place, if you want those trade deals inked and rolling before the UK retrogrades too far down the socio-economic world order ;)

Jeffs a ukip man, i dont think they believe deals with foreigners count

No, I am not saying that - but it exemplifies the problem with Brexiteers.

You read falsehoods and misunderstanding into what is written.

I am saying that no-one knew what a shambles the government would make of brexit and what a dog's dinner they would make of the leave process. ..

Really? Litotes have you ever seen the conservative party? The current lot are only slightly worse than Cameron's bunch of inept clowns. If anyone thought it wouldn't be a grade one car crash needs a brain scan. I wouldn't trust this lot to organise a paper round let alone extract us from the something as complex as the EU with any degree of competency.

Jeffs a ukip man, i dont think they believe deals with foreigners count
I know, and I don't hold it against him...much :D (considering the state of UKIP these days, some pity might be more in order!)

But as a fellow legal practitioner, I can't give his politically-forked tongue a free pass on certain subjects. Example. The irony that this post was a reply to unbeliever in reference to your own point made about Article 50 TEU (use backtrack icon, see your post #2839), a piece of EU law indeed, is not wasted on me ;)

Car Boot

I've just voted on a UK Government petition to give the electorate a referendum on the abolition of the House of Lords.

'The House of Lords is a place of patronage where unelected and unaccountable individuals hold a disproportionate amount of influence and power which can be used to frustrate the elected representatives of the people'.

110,235 signatures so far!

Is that another yes/no type vote or does it give you the opportunity to really consider the implications of what you are voting for.

Many of the amendments suggested are adopted by The Commons,because the Lords does have a wealth of experience both inside and outside politics.

Assuming that you see the value of a second chamber how do you avoid another set of career politicians anxious to win their own seat.

Business Department ‘operating in a parallel universe,’ warn MPs

http://uk.businessinsider.com/mps-criticise-business-department-greg-clark-lack-of-brexit-preparation-2018-4

On staff, it says that although the department has hired 90% of the staff it needs to carry out its Brexit work this year, its workforce "lacks the required level of experience and expertise" to deliver complex Brexit-related policies.

Secondly, the department needs at least 12 new IT systems to deliver Brexit. However, as of January, it had begun work on none of these systems, the report says, despite all of them being necessary for the possible event of no-deal.

There is literally no work being done in the DxEU with regard to us leaving the EU in any meaningful way. :hihi:

A 'huge argument' within Theresa May's government is delaying her decision on post-Brexit immigration for the UK

http://uk.businessinsider.com/cabinet-divide-home-office-pressure-delaying-brexit-immigration-policy-2018-4

Rudd said that 21 months on from the 2016 Brexit referendum, the government had not decided what migration model it wants to work towards.

It's pretty much the same throughout government, no-one has the remotest clue what they're doing!

Looks like "no deal is better than a bad deal" has been completely debunked

http://uk.businessinsider.com/david-davis-uk-could-delay-brexit-to-avoid-no-deal-2018-4

Davis today admitted that going back to the negotiating table could be a means of avoiding a no-deal Brexit, which experts say would severely damage Britain's economy and unleash unprecedented political instability.

With every passing day, the UK's hand becomes weaker.

Then, just for good measure, it seems we will be paying the divorce bill regardless of any deal afterall

http://uk.businessinsider.com/brexit-uk-required-to-pay-39-billion-divorce-bill-even-without-deal-2018-4

Looks like the leavers were wrong about that too :suspect:

Edited by Magilla

so EUs Galileo project

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43891933

UK may be frozen out after brexit - makes sense if we arent part of the gang.

UK may want their 1.4 billion euros back thats already been payed, in good faith BEFORE the vote so i doubt it.

The UK has said it could cost the EU more, and set them back BUT the UK is also thinking of going it alone on one, which "could" cost 5 billion pounds AND we'd be starting from scratch, that 5 billion could be spent on the NHS :hihi:

so EUs Galileo project

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43891933

UK may be frozen out after brexit - makes sense if we arent part of the gang.

UK may want their 1.4 billion euros back thats already been payed, in good faith BEFORE the vote so i doubt it.

The UK has said it could cost the EU more, and set them back BUT the UK is also thinking of going it alone on one, which "could" cost 5 billion pounds AND we'd be starting from scratch, that 5 billion could be spent on the NHS :hihi:

I’ve never seen £350M spent so many times :hihi:

The level of incompetence increases daily:

The Brexit registration app for EU citizens won't work on iPhones

http://uk.businessinsider.com/the-uk-government-brexit-app-for-eu-citizens-wont-work-on-iphones-2018-4

Officials at Amber Rudd's department told MEPs on Tuesday that a key function of the app would not work on iPhones. Around half of the country's population are believed to use iPhones.

Home Office officials suggested that EU citizens without iPhones could "borrow someone else's"

Edited by Magilla