The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

I understood what we were voting for last time and I'm sure most others did to. I voted to remain and would do again but I'm against another referendum fo the reason I gave in an earlier post.

Remain was easier to vote for, you were voting for the status quo. But leave was built on whatifs - nobody mentined an irish border problem and a £40bn divorce bill.

The vote was a black and white issue, quite easy to understand, from the brainiest to the uneducated members of society.

Referendum on the United Kingdom's Membership of the European Union.

Vote only once by putting a X in the box next to your choice.

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?.

Remain a member of the European Union

Leave the European Union

Pretty unambiguous to me. No mention here of any of the Remoaners gripes for remaining. Remain or leave, period. It could not be any simpler.

Remain 48% Leave 52%. The result of a DEMOCRATIC vote. The people have spoken, and their wish MUST be implemented. Or is this the end of Democracy.

Angel1.

The vote was a black and white issue, quite easy to understand, from the brainiest to the uneducated members of society.

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?.

Leave the European Union

Pretty unambiguous to me. No mention here of any of the Remoaners gripes for remaining. Remain or leave, period. It could not be any simpler.

Remain 48% Leave 52%. The result of a DEMOCRATIC vote. The people have spoken, and their wish MUST be implemented. Or is this the end of Democracy.

Angel1.

Do you think you'll be getting the "Leave" you voted for?

Quite, the customs union and the single market are not EU membership.

Aye, so simple that you had to ask about the N.I border issue *after* you cast your vote! Only simple minded people thought it would be simple.

There was no promise to leave the customs union in the government leaflet. Leaving the EU, but staying within the customs union entirely respects the result of the referendum.

Edited by Magilla

There was no promise to leave the customs union in the government leaflet. Leaving the EU, but staying within the customs union entirely respects the result of the referendum.

Staying in the customs union is completely opposed to the result of the referendum.

Staying in the customs union means giving up our right to set and decide the tariffs which are applied to goods entering the UK from the rest of the world.

Staying in the customs union means obeying the vast range of non-tariff controls on goods. A huge number of rules and regulations governing the production of goods within the UK would have to be kept the same as the EU.

Staying in the customs union means we would be unable to change these rules and regulations in order to benefit British industry or consumers. We would have to update these rules and regulations to match the EU, however damaging the rule change might be to UK interests.

Staying in the customs union will protect the profits of continental producers at our expense. It will be extremely damaging to British consumers who will have to pay well above world prices for food, clothing and footwear because of the EU protection racket.

Staying in the customs union will remove the ability of the UK to govern ourselves as an independent nation and to decide our own laws on trade and domestic policy.

Staying in the customs union will result in the UK being subject to the continuing jurisdiction of the European Court of Justice (ECJ) which regulates the rules of the customs union.

Leave the European Union

Angel1.

Democratic choice includes the right to change your mind...

---------- Post added 26-04-2018 at 14:51 ----------

I understood what we were voting for last time and I'm sure most others did to. I voted to remain and would do again but I'm against another referendum fo the reason I gave in an earlier post.

So did you understand how the NI questions was to be answered?

Leave the European Union

Angel1.

the people spoke in the 1970's. This referendum we just had is usurping the democratic choice made then!

Staying in the customs union is completely opposed to the result of the referendum.

Staying in the customs union means giving up our right to set and decide the tariffs which are applied to goods entering the UK from the rest of the world.

Staying in the customs union means obeying the vast range of non-tariff controls on goods. A huge number of rules and regulations governing the production of goods within the UK would have to be kept the same as the EU.

Staying in the customs union means we would be unable to change these rules and regulations in order to benefit British industry or consumers. We would have to update these rules and regulations to match the EU, however damaging the rule change might be to UK interests.

Staying in the customs union will protect the profits of continental producers at our expense. It will be extremely damaging to British consumers who will have to pay well above world prices for food, clothing and footwear because of the EU protection racket.

Staying in the customs union will remove the ability of the UK to govern ourselves as an independent nation and to decide our own laws on trade and domestic policy.

Staying in the customs union will result in the UK being subject to the continuing jurisdiction of the European Court of Justice (ECJ) which regulates the rules of the customs union.

All are good an beneficial things. Whats not to like about them

Do you think you'll be getting the "Leave" you voted for?

If you want the truth, I doubt it very much. The big bug here is the PM, a Remainer who has had to do an about turn and become a Brexiteer. We, the "Brexiteers" needed someone of the mindset of Mogg or Farage who would have delivered a full Brexit, which is what the vote stated, in or out. Paying close to £50 billion to the failed and corrupt EU is not my idea of a full Brexit.

Angel1.