The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

It's not the people who voted to leave the EU who are complaining about the Government's plans to leave the single market and the customs union.

Yes, they are! As polls are now showing!

http://www.politics.co.uk/comment-analysis/2018/04/19/brexit-the-public-must-be-trusted-with-the-facts

- 72% of Leave voters think May's preferred deal is too high a price to pay

- 78% of leavers think all options are worse than they had hoped for when casting their vote in the EU referendum

- The majority of leavers polled now prefer a Norway-style deal (CU & SM) to the alternatives.

I hope we never have another referendum again about anything because too many people lack both the integrity and maturity to accept the results which include both members of parliament and members of the house of Lords.

We are leaving the EU!

The Norway-style deal (CU & SM) was touted by the leave campaigns as one possible outcome during the referendum.

The result of the referendum is respected entirely if parliament decides that staying within the CU & SM is in the UKs best interest.

Again, parliamentary sovereignty is what leavers wanted, it's the "taking back control bit".

It's not the people who voted to leave the EU who are complaining about the Government's plans to leave the single market and the customs union. I hope we never have another referendum again about anything because too many people lack both the integrity and maturity to accept the results, which include both members of parliament and members of the house of Lords.

Democracy includes changing your mind.

You obviously deny the democratic process like so many of the leavers.

So lets have a petition for a second referendum or is that not democratic?

Democracy includes changing your mind.

You obviously deny the democratic process like so many of the leavers.

So lets have a petition for a second referendum or is that not democratic?

I voted to remain in the EU so I am not a leaver which you are comparing me with. I respect the democratic process unlike most of the other remain voters, who post on this forum. I believe it would be undemocratic to deny the leave voters their wish, which is what you and others who don't respect the democratic referendum result seek to do.

David Cameron said there wouldn't be a second referendum. Listen to his words

I voted to remain in the EU so I am not a leaver which you are comparing me with. I respect the democratic process unlike most of the other remain voters, who post on this forum. I believe it would be undemocratic to deny the leave voters their wish, which is what you and others who don't respect the democratic referendum result seek to do.

And Mrs May said that there wouldn't be an election, and that the Northern Irish question would be solved easily.

How many U-turns do you want to discuss? How many lies do you want flagged? How about the desires of those who voted to stay in the EU in the 70s - you are overturning their democratic right - is that fair?

David Davis himself said that the right of the electorate is to change their minds.

On such a narrow margin based on many lies from both sides, and now the picture is clearer do you not think we should ask the question again?

And Mrs May said that there wouldn't be an election, and that the Northern Irish question would be solved easily.

How many U-turns do you want to discuss? How many lies do you want flagged? How about the desires of those who voted to stay in the EU in the 70s - you are overturning their democratic right - is that fair?

David Davis himself said that the right of the electorate is to change their minds.

On such a narrow margin based on many lies from both sides, and now the picture is clearer do you not think we should ask the question again?

Then what another ? If the remain side win we could go for the best of three.

I am getting that fed up with this all now , that im thinking lets have another vote but as you say ,it could go on forever , until the stallers get the result they want

Or until the government actually put some sensible threshold in place.

Win by 20% say?

---------- Post added 01-05-2018 at 22:12 ----------

It is already 1:1 at the moment, isn't it?

Or until the government actually put some sensible threshold in place.

Win by 20% say?

---------- Post added 01-05-2018 at 22:12 ----------

It is already 1:1 at the moment, isn't it?

I know we are going over old ground but surely that threshold , was for or against , leaving :confused:

Yes, they are! As polls are now showing!

http://www.politics.co.uk/comment-analysis/2018/04/19/brexit-the-public-must-be-trusted-with-the-facts

- 72% of Leave voters think May's preferred deal is too high a price to pay

- 78% of leavers think all options are worse than they had hoped for when casting their vote in the EU referendum

- The majority of leavers polled now prefer a Norway-style deal (CU & SM) to the alternatives.

The Populus poll of a tiny sample of just 1062 Leave voters commissioned by the extremist 'Global Future' think tank is what you are basing your ridiculous idea that 17.4 million leave voters now want to stay in the customs union and single market? That's crazy!

Populus, we should remember, released a final EU referendum poll that showed a larger lead for Remain than ANY other published poll. Populus gave Remain a 10 point lead, 55 - 45, in the June 2016 referendum. According to them Remain should have won by a landslide.

Global Future has also published a report stating that the UK needs to import one million immigrants, net, every five years to service capitalism. These people are dangerous kooks.

I voted to remain in the EU so I am not a leaver which you are comparing me with.

You seem equally confused about the democratic process as the average leaver ;)

I respect the democratic process unlike most of the other remain voters, who post on this forum.

It is being respected, we are leaving the EU.

I believe it would be undemocratic to deny the leave voters their wish

We have no idea which permutation of this "wish" each leave voter wants, they were never asked. If we ask them now, the majority want a CU & SM agreement (Norway style).

which is what you and others who don't respect the democratic referendum result seek to do.

It doesn't matter how many times you say it, it doesn't make it true. Again, we are leaving the EU.

He also said he wouldn't resign :hihi:

A second referendum wouldn't be about membership of the EU, it would be about the terms of our exit and the relationship with the EU going forward.

Edited by Magilla