The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

You seem determined to leave whatever the terms,and whatever the cost.

I am determined to see the democratic result of the June 2016 referendum enacted.

As the democratic result of the 1975 referendum was enacted.

Unfortunately we have very wealthy aristocrats in the House of Lords now attempting to completely reverse the result because they were born into the ruling elite.

I am determined to see the democratic result of the June 2016 referendum enacted.

As the democratic result of the 1975 referendum was enacted.

Unfortunately we have very wealthy aristocrats in the House of Lords now attempting to completely reverse the result because they were born into the ruling elite.

The democratic result was "leave" whatever else happens isnt down to the referendum, it was just yes or no, in or out. If we leave but stay in little bits you might not like it, but its still out. Maybe it shouldve been more in depth with maybe an A4 sheet of tick boxes?

The democratic result was "leave" whatever else happens isnt down to the referendum, it was just yes or no, in or out. If we leave but stay in little bits you might not like it, but its still out. Maybe it shouldve been more in depth with maybe an A4 sheet of tick boxes?

Most Leave voters want the UK to have total control over its borders, to have absolute sovereignty over our laws, not to have to submit to the European Court of Justice on anything, and not to have to pay any money at all into the European budget.

If staying in any part of the EU means we don't have those things, then we won't really have left. Which is exactly what those unelected and unaccountable rich folk in the House of Lords want greedily.

Most Leave voters want the UK to have total control over its borders, to have absolute sovereignty over our laws, not to have to submit to the European Court of Justice on anything, and not to have to pay any money at all into the European budget.

If staying in any part of the EU means we don't have those things, then we won't really have left. Which is exactly what those unelected and unaccountable rich folk in the House of Lords want greedily.

and its gonna be funny watching all the little leave voters squirming and their little heads turning purple with anger when we DO stay in bits :hihi:

Fair doo's, however the official Vote Leave campaign never made such a claim:

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2017/08/take-it-vote-leave-staffer-there-no-mandate-quit-single-market

So you didn't know *exactly* what you were voting for... hmmm :suspect:

I tell you what, you can have a little search ;) Then you'll be able to tell me if you think the referendum gives a mandate to leave the customs union too?

I only remember David Cameron warning the electorate that leaving the EU would mean the UK would also be leaving the single market. My point is that both the remain and leave campaigns agreed before the referendum vote that the UK would be leaving the UK, if the UK voted to leave the EU.

Before the referendum vote one of the main reasons the leave campaign wanted the UK to leave the EU was so the UK would be free to negotiate its own trade agreements. Continued membership of the Customs Union will prevent the UK from doing so. Therefore because of the fact the democratic people voted to leave the EU, then it is only correct the UK leave the Customs Union as Mrs May has said will happen again today.

We both know the people lobbying the most for the UK to stay in both the single market and custom union are the same people who never wanted the UK to leave the EU and voted to remain. Staying in the single market and custom union would mean the UK would only be leaving the EU in name, which wouldn't be carrying out the wishes of the people who voted to leave the EU. BREXIT should mean BREXIT, which is what Mrs May said when she became Prime Minister.

I only remember David Cameron warning the electorate that leaving the EU would mean the UK would also be leaving the single market. My point is that both the remain and leave campaigns agreed before the referendum vote that the UK would be leaving the UK, if the UK voted to leave the EU.

Before the referendum vote one of the main reasons the leave campaign wanted the UK to leave the EU was so the UK would be free to negotiate its own trade agreements. Continued membership of the Customs Union will prevent the UK from doing so. Therefore because of the fact the democratic people voted to leave the EU, then it is only correct the UK leave the Customs Union as Mrs May has said will happen again today.

We both know the people lobbying the most for the UK to stay in both the single market and custom union are the same people who never wanted the UK to leave the EU and voted to remain. Staying in the single market and custom union would mean the UK would only be leaving the EU in name, which wouldn't be carrying out the wishes of the people who voted to leave the EU. BREXIT should mean BREXIT, which is what Mrs May said when she became Prime Minister.

You don't know what motivated the 'will of the people', just like the caller here.

James O'Brien Schools Caller Who Tells Him Brexit Is "The Will Of The People" http:// http://www.lbc.co.uk//radio/presenters/james-obrien/caller-who-tells-him-brexit-is-will-of-the-people/

You don't know what motivated the 'will of the people', just like the caller here.

James O'Brien Schools Caller Who Tells Him Brexit Is "The Will Of The People" http:// http://www.lbc.co.uk//radio/presenters/james-obrien/caller-who-tells-him-brexit-is-will-of-the-people/

I haven't said I know what motivated the 'Will Of The People' The fact is the democratic people voted to leave the EU and their wishes should be carried out by our Government. Its irrelevant what motivated people voted to leave the EU.

I haven't said I know what motivated the 'Will Of The People' The fact is the democratic people voted to leave the EU and their wishes should be carried out by our Government. Its irrelevant what motivated people voted to leave the EU.

Your words

"Staying in the single market and custom union would mean the UK would only be leaving the EU in name, which wouldn't be carrying out the wishes of the people who voted to leave the EU."

As asked in the clip I posted earlier.

"How could you, if you believed Owen Paterson when he said that only a mad man would leave the Single Market, and you voted for Brexit because you liked Owen Paterson, how can you now turn around to them and say that they knowingly voted to do the opposite of what they voted to do?"

Edited by SnailyBoy

Your words

"Staying in the single market and custom union would mean the UK would only be leaving the EU in name, which wouldn't be carrying out the wishes of the people who voted to leave the EU."

As asked in the clip I posted earlier.

"How could you, if you believed Owen Paterson when he said that only a mad man would leave the Single Market, and you voted for Brexit because you liked Owen Paterson, how can you now turn around to them and say that they knowingly voted to do the opposite of what they voted to do?"

I haven't looked at your clip. Mad men were allowed to vote. I don't know what your point is. I voted to Remain, which would have meant the UK would have stayed in the Single Market and Customs Union, if my democratic choice had been in the majority.

I haven't looked at your clip. Mad men were allowed to vote. I don't know what your point is. I voted to Remain, which would have meant the UK would have stayed in the Single Market and Customs Union, if my democratic choice had been in the majority.

I don't care how you voted, it's irrelevant.

Look at the clip, and then try to justify your claim of "Staying in the single market and custom union would mean the UK would only be leaving the EU in name, which wouldn't be carrying out the wishes of the people who voted to leave the EU."