The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

I’ll let you work it out for yourself, since you apparently have nothing (more) to learn about travelling :)

What an odd question. About which I can’t help you in the slightest.

No, please tell me how it will be more difficult to enter Europe than say, Algiers or Afghanistan. I am always willing to learn.

Sorry about the end of the world question, it relates to my previous post, thought you had read it before replying.

---------- Post added 09-05-2018 at 08:38 ----------

Our U.K. house sale is due to complete on Friday, talk about a silver lining indeed! Lower still, please, at least until the middle of next week :thumbsup:

Lovely for you.

I have just given mine to my son and family. That makes me feel so much better than any monetary gain.

Edited by monkey104

Lovely for you.

I have just given mine to my son and family. That makes me feel so much better than any monetary gain.

Do you now live in a tent then?

---------- Post added 09-05-2018 at 10:39 ----------

There's always a silver lining,

"Euro falls to lowest level of 2018 after more gloomy data"

https://www.ft.com/content/ffb98462-51e7-11e8-b24e-cad6aa67e23e

Unfortunately that's the EUR to the USD, not the GBP.

The EUR value against the dollar has been falling for the past month.

Against the £ though, actually rising slightly.

So despite the gloomy data, the EUR keeps outperforming the £.

The £ of course has fallen more against the $ in the last month than the EUR has... So what does that tell you. Your silver lining is just you in denial once again, the british economy is doing even worse than the gloomy european outlook, both of which are doing worse than the US outlook.

Sorry L00b, you're not getting any more EUR for your house sale. It's fairly static at around 1.14 Eur to the £ and has been since last Autumn.

No, please tell me how it will be more difficult to enter Europe than say, Algiers or Afghanistan. I am always willing to learn.
I didn’t say anything about an increased difficulty to enter Europe. I mentioned a number of potential impediments once there, relative to currently.

The small print comment is about how carriers, tour operators, travel agencies (etc.) are going to cover themselves if Brexit makes it impossible (read: unprofitable) to deliver their services booked pre-March 2019, after that date, contingent on what form of Brexit (and optionally Transition) is actually reached as of that date. Tons about this issue online, feel free to Google it.

Sorry about the end of the world question, it relates to my previous post, thought you had read it before replying.
Is there a forum rule under which I have to reply to every comment a poster makes, even the irrelevant/non-sensical ones, that I’m not aware of?

Lovely for you.

Lucky them, and good for you.

---------- Post added 09-05-2018 at 10:08 ----------

Sorry L00b, you're not getting any more EUR for your house sale. It's fairly static at around 1.14 Eur to the £ and has been since last Autumn.
Ah well, still got to get the £s out, since the loss of passporting rights means no more easy/cheap asset management in the U.K. from the EU; and since exiting the SM means no more easy/free capital transfers. So long as I avoid the potential for post-Brexit capital controls in U.K., good enough.

The £ of course has fallen more against the $ in the last month than the EUR has... So what does that tell you. Your silver lining is just you in denial once again, the british economy is doing even worse than the gloomy european outlook, both of which are doing worse than the US outlook.

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Please don’t go bursting their bubble.

---------- Post added 09-05-2018 at 11:45 ----------

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Why would I live in a tent?

Higher food prices? ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44060430

Food bills could rise sharply if there is no free trade deal with the European Union after Brexit, peers have warned.

The Lords EU Environment Committee said it was "inconceivable" there would be no impact on EU produce, which makes up 30% of the UK's food imports.

I found this bit interesting

Brexit-supporting MPs say leaving the EU could reduce food prices by removing unnecessary regulation on UK farmers and cutting tariffs on imports from the rest of the world.

I want to know what unnecessary regulations are on UK farmers and which can be removed and how will this make food cheaper. And in actual fact we already have pretty cheap food, i want to know why food should be cheaper and how.

and also this bit

But the cross-party committee said it was unclear whether the government's primary goal after Brexit was reducing food prices, or maintaining high animal welfare and food safety standards.

I agree, does animal welfare and food safety come before or after cheaper food?

I want to know what unnecessary regulations are on UK farmers and which can be removed and how will this make food cheaper.

Me too. Are the regulations for other countries where requirements are stricter?

Or will it lead to the bad old days of sausages being full of fat and filler? Or will it lead to more intensive farming?

Love or hate the EU and its regulations, but I can't help that its made this country cleaner and healthier.

This article is worth a read:

lowering of standards and poorer quality food in supermarkets

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/dec/05/brexit-poses-huge-risk-to-britains-food-standards-report-says