The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

I see you're spouting project fear, nothing left I suppose.

Would you care to address the real project fear.

The great white elephant in the room that no Brexiteer will now admit to as a substantial reason for voting to leave the EU.

The fear stoked up by Farage,UKIP ,the right wingers,The Sun,The Mail and The Express.

Xenophobia and racism.

“Our country will be flooded with Eastern Europeans and we cannot control ilegal immigration from refugees.”

“They will all live off benefits”

“Our schools and health service and housing cannot cope”

Of course this isn’t now the reason why the vote went the way it did.

Not much it wasn’t!!!

heres me thinking 90% of cheap stuff here came from china and hong kong, more fool me, its actually from the EU :o

Brexiters have been found out and are making up any old nonsense now.

We’ve had Andrew Lilico this week tell us that the next ten years are irrelevant while we move towards a brighter future for Britain.

What he really means is that Brexiters are now having to admit the next ten years are going to be Bad for us.

what restrictions on our shopping do we have now?

None, either online or in the real world.

Countries do not trade with countries.

Businesses (vendors of goods and services) trade with customers.

And goods can be supplied from anywhere to anywhere else.

Tariffs and subsidies are an unjustifiable restraint on free trade.

None, either online or in the real world.

Countries do not trade with countries.

Businesses (vendors of goods and services) trade with customers.

And goods can be supplied from anywhere to anywhere else.

Tariffs and subsidies are an unjustifiable restraint on free trade.

So if it became legal for U.K. conveyancing services to be provided by people in Vietnam getting paid £30 a day you’d be happy with it Jeffrey?

Think very, very carefully about what you are arguing.

It isn’t true of course that we should be fully protectionist but targeted intelligent tariffs are completely justifiable for numerous reasons.

Not least of which there is no such thing as free trade. Not a single deal the U.K. signs after Brexit will be pure free trade. Not one of them. It’s a fantasy.

So, put some meat on the bones of your arguments and please.....stop talking out of your jacksy.

Meanwhile, and not without some irony considering the sub-topic du jour (not to mention a fabulous sense of timing, as our U.K. solicitor just reported the completion of our U.K. house sale earlier this afternoon), a Frankfurt-based British IFA just asked me about ‘headhunting’ my British pension pot and assets moments ago.

They have a fair bit of local competition in Lux, so this’ll be an interesting chat :D

Clearly, they’re trawling LinkedIn for Brexit refugee professionals, so U.K. pension providers should get worried.

I've had a couple of sort of similar calls too..... I think you may be right.

Would you care to address the real project fear.

The great white elephant in the room that no Brexiteer will now admit to as a substantial reason for voting to leave the EU.

The fear stoked up by Farage,UKIP ,the right wingers,The Sun,The Mail and The Express.

Xenophobia and racism.

“Our country will be flooded with Eastern Europeans and we cannot control ilegal immigration from refugees.”

“They will all live off benefits”

“Our schools and health service and housing cannot cope”

Of course this isn’t now the reason why the vote went the way it did.

Not much it wasn’t!!!

As a Ukipper I can't see a great deal wrong with the above, just minor bits.

We can't control immigration, that's a given.

Benefits, some do live off them, some don't.

Our schools and health service and housing cannot cope, on the money here.

Angel1.

Angel1.