The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Quite, those links all show the results of the nastiness that has been emboldened by Brexit, they are entirely different to anything during the referendum (other than remainers said stuff like this would happen).

Can only assume Peter has spectacularly failed to understand your point :suspect:

---------- Post added 15-05-2018 at 13:50 ----------

Farage's "Project Fear" in action, kinda proves RJRBs point:rolleyes:

Nothing has been emboldened by Brexit it's just government policy, and no nastiness unless you like the idea of illegal immigration Alligam

Nothing has been emboldened by Brexit it's just government policy

Yeah, right..... reports of hate crimes have risen 58% since the Brexit vote, according to the National Police Chiefs’ Council.

You can find plenty more examples, where Brexit is cited as justfication for it.

http://www.irr.org.uk/email/brexit-and-xeno-racism-help-us-to-build-the-national-picture/

On social media people are describing incidents of hostility and racial abuse across the country where perpetrators taunt passers-by on buses, on the streets, in workplaces, or from the safety of their vehicles, with comments like ‘get packing’, ‘white power’, ‘time for you to leave’ or ‘get out, we voted Leave’.

and no nastiness unless you like the idea of illegal immigration Alligam

Brexit won't make any difference to illegal immigration, the UK government was always able to control it but largely chose not to.

As for nastiness, did you miss windrush and the many other cases in the news recently? Seems you did! :suspect:

Yeah, right..... reports of hate crimes have risen 58% since the Brexit vote, according to the National Police Chiefs’ Council.

You can find plenty more examples, where Brexit is cited as justfication for it.

http://www.irr.org.uk/email/brexit-and-xeno-racism-help-us-to-build-the-national-picture/

Brexit won't make any difference to illegal immigration, the UK government was always able to control it but largely chose not to.

As for nastiness, did you miss windrush and the many other cases in the news recently? Seems you did! :suspect:

Reporting of hate crimes have risen, how many have been followed up?

You can find plenty of examples if you are a remoaner and need to.

Nothing nasty about the windrush just that people didn't register and are now being sorted.

Nothing nasty about the windrush just that people didn't register and are now being sorted.

So government destroying records of their landing cards wasn't an issue? It's not the people at fault.

Followed up, what are you suggesting is going on?

Did you mean confused....because I am not.

Project fear is oft quoted by the Brexiteers referring to the predictions of George Osborn and the Bank of England as to the impact of Brexit on our economy.

These were certainly expressed to persuade voters to stay in the EU.

Whether these prove to be more or less accurate remains to be seen when the terms of Brexit become clearer than they are now.

I am saying that there has been a far more insidious Project fear carried out by Farage,UKIP and right wing nationalists supported by elements of the right wing press.

This appeals to those who wish to blame all problems on immigration and foreigners.

Of course project fear came from the remainers.

I was on the fence vis a vis voting. I didn’t believe the tosh about 350 million going to the NHS, that was pie in the sky and a stupid tactic.

As someone who lived and worked in Europe prior to open borders and knowing we stood on our own two feet quite well prior to what is now the EU I would have liked for the UK to step out on our own again and prosper as we used to. And despite all the keyboard professionals on here I still believe we could.

As I say I was undecided but then it seemed that every government department had been issued an order from high to put a negative spin on Brexit which would affect that department.

Hence we had the banks crashing, we would be at war, inflation would go through the roof as would employment.

In fact if you google project fear all the links are to the remain propaganda machine.

That is why I voted leave.

And finally a report from the treasury stating the effect of Brexit.....

“The analysis in this document comes to a clear central conclusion: a vote to leave would represent an immediate and profound shock to our economy. That shock would push our economy into a recession and lead to an increase in unemployment of around 500,000, GDP would be 3.6% smaller, average real wages would be lower, inflation higher, sterling weaker, house prices would be hit and public borrowing would rise compared with a vote to remain”.

“The analysis also presents a downside scenario, finding that the shock could be much more profound, meaning the effect on the economy would be worse still. The rise in uncertainty could be amplified, the volatility in financial markets more tumultuous, and the extent of the impact to living standards more acute. In this severe scenario, GDP would be 6% smaller, there would be a deeper recession, and the number of people made unemployed would rise by around 800,000 compared with a vote to remain. The hit to wages, inflation, house prices and borrowing would be larger. There is a credible risk that this more acute scenario could materialise”.

Now if that is not project fear I do not know what is.

Edited by nikki-red
fixed the quote

I was on the fence vis a vis voting. I didn’t believe the tosh about 350 million going to the NHS, that was pie in the sky and a stupid tactic.

As someone who lived and worked in Europe prior to open borders and knowing we stood on our own two feet quite well prior to what is now the EU I would have liked for the UK to step out on our own again and prosper as we used to. And despite all the keyboard professionals on here I still believe we could.

As I say I was undecided but then it seemed that every government department had been issued an order from high to put a negative spin on Brexit which would affect that department.

Hence we had the banks crashing, we would be at war, inflation would go through the roof as would employment.

In fact if you google project fear all the links are to the remain propaganda machine.

That is why I voted leave.

And finally a report from the treasury stating the effect of Brexit.....

“The analysis in this document comes to a clear central conclusion: a vote to leave would represent an immediate and profound shock to our economy. That shock would push our economy into a recession and lead to an increase in unemployment of around 500,000, GDP would be 3.6% smaller, average real wages would be lower, inflation higher, sterling weaker, house prices would be hit and public borrowing would rise compared with a vote to remain”.

“The analysis also presents a downside scenario, finding that the shock could be much more profound, meaning the effect on the economy would be worse still. The rise in uncertainty could be amplified, the volatility in financial markets more tumultuous, and the extent of the impact to living standards more acute. In this severe scenario, GDP would be 6% smaller, there would be a deeper recession, and the number of people made unemployed would rise by around 800,000 compared with a vote to remain. The hit to wages, inflation, house prices and borrowing would be larger. There is a credible risk that this more acute scenario could materialise”.

Now if that is not project fear I do not know what is.

Can you expand further on your prosperity argument?

I'm not in my 60-70s as I assume you must be, but I don't remember the 1970s being that prosperous at all.

You speak of project fear as a single entity owned by remainers.

I have acknowledged the hyperbole of Osborne etc, although our economic future outside the EU remains to be seen.I still believe that our economy will suffer as a result.

You fail to acknowledge the rabble rousing and thinly veiled racism espoused by Farage and UKIP supporters which appealed to some segments of our society.

This undoubtedly swung more votes than the single market and customs union!

Edited by nikki-red
fixed the quote

David Miliband, Nick Clegg and Nicky Morgan have joined forces to prevent a 'hard' Brexit (the UK actually leaving the EU). A 'soft' Brexit means the UK remaining in the EU.

David Miliband has called on his Labour colleagues to back calls for a new EU referendum, saying the only way to "avert the damage of Brexit" was to give the public another say on a final deal. Remainers attempting to overturn democratically derived results they don't like while backing the interests of big business (and pretending it's for the good of the nation) only convinces the weak minded and the naive.

The bosses of the big banks, Goldman Sachs etc and the CEOs of various multinational corporations will all support this initiative. As will Tony Blair.

Richard Branson and George Soros will issue more instructions and payments to the Remainers shortly.

---------- Post added 15-05-2018 at 17:58 ----------

A 'soft' Brexit means that all of the rules and regulations that govern how we live and trade must be compliant with, and sanctioned by, the will of wealthy faceless bureaucrats serving a foreign economic power bloc.

A 'soft' Brexit means that we will obey. Is that what we voted to achieve?

David Miliband, Nick Clegg and Nicky Morgan have joined forces to prevent a 'hard' Brexit (the UK actually leaving the EU). A 'soft' Brexit means the UK remaining in the EU.

Three well past their sell by date barmpots. As if anyone with more than one brain cell would believe a word they say.

Angel1.

Edited by nikki-red
fixed the quote