The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Well, you are now, because you are completely wrong about Galileo with relation to IP :hihi:

The UK's negotiating position in that regard is very very weak to none-existant.

You're obsessed with Project Fear, you can't mention it enough as per your recent posts :loopy:

It's all you have left.

"UK could withhold security clearance for companies working on Galileo"

https://www.ft.com/content/89bf0aca-579b-11e8-b8b2-d6ceb45fa9d0

"UK could withhold security clearance for companies working on Galileo"

https://www.ft.com/content/89bf0aca-579b-11e8-b8b2-d6ceb45fa9d0

Which means UK companies won't be able to bid on new work for Galileo, big deal, the EU already told them as much unless they move that work to within the EU.

There isn't anything the UK could legally do to prevent that short of giving them a massive bung and begging them not to go.

Either way, bad for the UK!

Edited by Magilla

Quite, since Galileo is independent of GPS.

You just haven’t got a clue. For a change.

The irony wasn't lost :roll:

In other news, apparently Moggs had to take a slapping :gag: & despite all the Brexiter rhetoric common sense prevails, May wants to pay up to stay in EU scientific programs:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-44202312

Edited by Magilla

Quite, since Galileo is independent of GPS.

You just haven’t got a clue. For a change.

"Galileo is independent of GPS", what is that even supposed to mean in this conversation? There's no little TM symbol needed after GPS it's a common TLA, unlike GLONASS.

Honestly, just get a grip and do the Hoovering or jump in the Jacuzzi or something similarly relaxing, because the hole you're digging will need a JCB :rolleyes:

While I have your attention, how's that correct link about WTO hard border requirements coming along?

Which means UK companies won't be able to bid on new work for Galileo, big deal, the EU already told them as much unless they move that work to within the EU.

There isn't anything the UK could legally do to prevent that short of giving them a massive bung and begging them not to go.

Either way, bad for the UK!

Apart from build it's own version, and leave the EU to it's own devices.

"Galileo is independent of GPS", what is that even supposed to mean in this conversation? There's no little TM symbol needed after GPS it's a common TLA, unlike GLONASS.
My simple statement of fact in this conversation, as usual started by your misconceived 'GPS stopping working in mobiles' point about Magilla's earlier arguments about the EU's Galileo system, is exactly on point: GPS is the US GNSS, Galileo is the EU's GNSS, GLONASS is the Russians' and Beidu is the Chineses'.

See here for a primer. If you can be bothered, because:

While I have your attention, how's that correct link about WTO hard border requirements coming along?
Have you read Chapter 3 of the document I linked you to yet?

Perhaps the alternative "WTO rules trading for dummies" that I also linked you to?

Because from your sentence above, unfortunately for you it looks like not.

JCB, eh? Bless! :hihi:

My simple statement of fact in this conversation, as usual started by your misconceived 'GPS stopping working in mobiles' point about Magilla's earlier arguments about the EU's Galileo system, is exactly on point: GPS is the US GNSS, Galileo is the EU's GNSS, GLONASS is the Russians' and Beidu is the Chineses'.

See here for a primer. If you can be bothered, because:

Have you read Chapter 3 of the document I linked you to yet?

Perhaps the alternative "WTO rules trading for dummies" that I also linked you to?

Because from your sentence above, unfortunately for you it looks like not.

JCB, eh? Bless! :hihi:

Woosh. Right over your head, GPS guided too.

Your links do not say what you think they say. Whoosh again. I'm not sure whether it's lack of understanding or simple comprehension but no matter, I'll try not to agitate you more than necessary and just ask you again to point out the WTO hard border requirements. I don't think you can but am always happy to learn something new if I'm wrong.

Please post them here to avoid any potential ambiguity with a random 255 page pdf. Thanks.

And just for magilla

Greg Clark, the Business Secretary, has written to the EU to warn that removing UK encryption technology could delay the project by three years at a cost of around €1 billion.