The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

I can't access the Financial Times (FT) to read the article as I'm blocked by a pay wall that gives me various options to become an FT subscriber.

But as the FT has been wrong on almost everything to do with the EU, including wanting us to join the Euro, then I suspect the article on the Irish border is weighted massively in favour of the EU. Surprise surprise.

Typical of the uneducated populous to rubbish one of the best sources of journalism out there. But happy to quote the likes of the Sun and the Mail.

You really should buy a copy of the FT some time and read it.

---------- Post added 23-05-2018 at 16:48 ----------

It’s going to cost the UK £20bn to enforce our customs border. This train wreck just gets funnier as it goes along.

EU barometer for the upcoming elections shows the highest belief that the EU is a good thing amongst EU citizens ever. https://goo.gl/nfsvYa

If Brexit achieves one thing, it is galvanisation of faith in the European project.

Italy's new Five Star Movement and League government greatly desire economic and judicial procedures that will allow member states to leave EU monetary union.

A leaked document states that the new government is considering Italy's potential exit from the eurozone, requesting that the European Central Bank cancel 250 billion euros in Italian public debt and to end EU sanctions on Russia.

Hours after the document leak, 5-Star and the League issued a joint statement saying they wanted to 'reconsider' the euro zone’s fiscal rules with Italy’s partners “in the spirit of returning to the pre-Maastricht set-up” — a reference to the treaty which laid the groundwork for monetary union.

https://www.reuters.com/article/italy-politics-draft/5-star-league-want-ecb-to-forgive-250-bln-euros-of-italy-debt-draft-idUSL5N1SMA1R

How's that for galvanising the European project? Hooray for the Italians!

Typical of the uneducated populous to rubbish one of the best sources of journalism out there. But happy to quote the likes of the Sun and the Mail.

You really should buy a copy of the FT some time and read it.

Here we go again. A Remainer assuming that a Leave voter is uneducated. I can assure you I worked hard for my degree.

The arrogance of the Remainers is almost as great as their ignorance. Pity.

As in 'Nigel Farage won't work so well without the UKIP'.

Other way round I think. Nigel Farage is a force of nature. If he was in the Conservative party instead of UKIP he would easily have become an MP years ago.

Italy's new Five Star Movement and League government greatly desire economic and judicial procedures that will allow member states to leave EU monetary union.

So much so, that they eventually decided against it:

5-Star and the League said in a statement that the draft, which was dated May 14, was “an old version that has been considerably modified”. In particular, it had been decided “not to call into question the single currency,” they said.

So much so, that they eventually decided against it:

The League still wants to leave the euro zone as soon as is politically feasible. Five-Star wanted to hold a referendum on the Euro until earlier this year. They may well do so again. Both parties want to return to a pre-Maastricht system before monetary union and the Euro.

Good times a' coming.

The League still wants to leave the euro zone as soon as is politically feasible. Five-Star wanted to hold a referendum on the Euro until earlier this year. They may well do so again. Both parties want to return to a pre-Maastricht system before monetary union and the Euro.

Good times a' coming.

Politically feasible. As soon as it is politically feasible I want the NHS to be direct funded by the UK population, doesn’t mean it is going to happen if the majority is against it.

Sweet dreams are just that.

The League still wants to leave the euro zone as soon as is politically feasible.

Which it isn't now, and probably won't be any time soon.

Five-Star wanted to hold a referendum on the Euro until earlier this year.

Until they saw how well Brexit was turning out and quickly "about faced" :D