The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

So you prefer to be informed by your EU Master's who have led Italy to the brink of economic suicide?

Your arguments grow staler and staler and the language you use becomes more propagandistic with each argument.

Oh dear,

"Project Fear DEFEATED: Poll reveals UK public can’t WAIT for Brexit Britain"

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/964240/brexit-news-economy-single-market-customs-union-brexit-poll

The reports key outcomes:

29% feel Brexit will strengthen SME productivity

7.4 million investors say SMEs are more attractive as a result of the increased trade prospects

28% feel knowledge intensive companies such as those in the energy-tech, med-tech and fin-tech arenas will benefit as a result of Britain formally exiting the EU

18% feel that they will be presented with a higher frequency of SME investments after Brexit

22% of 18-35 year olds feel more encouraged to invest into UK SMEs as a result of Brexit

32% 55+s believe Brexit will strengthen productivity

Four million investors are holding back money until after the formalisation of Brexit

1 in 5 people believe they will be presented with a higher frequency of better quality SMEs after Brexit

27% of Londoners feel more encouraged to invest in SMEs post-Brexit

1 in 4 Londoners are deliberately holding back money until after Brexit

35% of those with £75,000-£100,000 believe they will be presented with a better quality of SME investment post-Brexit

Over a quarter of affluent investors feel more encouraged to invest in SMEs after Brexit

The problem is that if you look at the numbers, most of them look like they should be qualified with "Only"

Only 29% feel Brexit will strengthen SME productivity

Only 28% feel knowledge intensive companies such as those in the energy-tech, med-tech and fin-tech arenas will benefit as a result of Britain formally exiting the EU

Only 1 in 5 people believe they will be presented with a higher frequency of better quality SMEs after Brexit

Oh dear indeed :?

---------- Post added 24-05-2018 at 10:51 ----------

Do you have a link to the poll itself rather than the Express's report?

I think it's this one:

https://www.eisa.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Brexit-vs-Deal-Flow-1.pdf

The reports key outcomes:

29% feel Brexit will strengthen SME productivity

7.4 million investors say SMEs are more attractive as a result of the increased trade prospects

28% feel knowledge intensive companies such as those in the energy-tech, med-tech and fin-tech arenas will benefit as a result of Britain formally exiting the EU

18% feel that they will be presented with a higher frequency of SME investments after Brexit

22% of 18-35 year olds feel more encouraged to invest into UK SMEs as a result of Brexit

32% 55+s believe Brexit will strengthen productivity

Four million investors are holding back money until after the formalisation of Brexit

1 in 5 people believe they will be presented with a higher frequency of better quality SMEs after Brexit

27% of Londoners feel more encouraged to invest in SMEs post-Brexit

1 in 4 Londoners are deliberately holding back money until after Brexit

35% of those with £75,000-£100,000 believe they will be presented with a better quality of SME investment post-Brexit

Over a quarter of affluent investors feel more encouraged to invest in SMEs after Brexit

The problem is that if you look at the numbers, most of them look like they should be qualified with "Only"

Only 29% feel Brexit will strengthen SME productivity

Only 28% feel knowledge intensive companies such as those in the energy-tech, med-tech and fin-tech arenas will benefit as a result of Britain formally exiting the EU

Only 1 in 5 people believe they will be presented with a higher frequency of better quality SMEs after Brexit

Oh dear indeed :?

---------- Post added 24-05-2018 at 10:51 ----------

I think it's this one:

https://www.eisa.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Brexit-vs-Deal-Flow-1.pdf

If it is the same one it's a different slant to the newspaper report isn't it? But then I'd hardly call the Express unbiased..

If it is the same one it's a different slant to the newspaper report isn't it? But then I'd hardly call the Express unbiased..

It may be the wrong one, it's the latest I was able to find, dated 2018/04.

TBH the pre-amble is pretty up-beat, but then you get to the conclusions and think.. hang on :suspect:

Anyways, it seems to be fairly current.

It may be the wrong one, it's the latest I was able to find, dated 2018/04.

TBH the pre-amble is pretty up-beat, but then you get to the conclusions and think.. hang on :suspect:

Anyways, it seems to be fairly current.

Whenever a report of mine has to deliver bad news I write a positive introduction about how changes are following considering the findings. In this case that is pretty darned difficult. These percentages used to be a lot higher and appear to be dropping like a brick.

Of course that doesn’t deter the data-illiterate from cheering them on and cherry picking.

No idea of the demographic sampled...

Although they say "7.4 million investors say SMEs are more attractive as a result of the increased trade prospect" so I guess they asked 7.4 million people

DO they also mean that 71% feel that Brexit will weaken SME productivity.

Just another non-survey which is lacking in any credibility