The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Ireland has one cultural identity (even Ulster Unionists identify as 'Irish')

You have obviously never been to the staunch Loyalist or Unionist areas of Northern Ireland. I have. They identify themselves as being either British, Northern Irish or from Ulster.

Never Irish.

Do you not have any idea what 'The Troubles' was about? Two separate cultural identities - the Green and the Orange.

Edited by Car Boot

You have obviously never been to the staunch Loyalist or Unionist areas of Northern Ireland. I have. They identify themselves as being either British, Northern Irish or from Ulster.

Never Irish.

Do you not have any idea what 'The Troubles' was about? Two separate cultural identities - the Green and the Orange.

finally we agree on something.......its not a simple task, theres two completely different sets of people, who want two completely different things

Not disagreeing with you on what brexiteers are.

However, are you really telling me that all 17m voted for the same idea of Brexit? Are you telling me that no one thought their idea of Brexit was to follow the Norway model? No one thought they would like the Canada style trade agreement? No one thought that the Swiss relationship with the EU would have been their idea of Brexit?

Are you really telling me that all 17m people want a hard Brexit? You can categorically say that all 17m people had exactly the same idea of Brexit as you?

They wanted what they voted for -out.

It's not, the majority won get over it.

---------- Post added 01-06-2018 at 18:05 ----------

They already have, haven't you noticed, and they call Brexiteers thick.

David Davis and Liam Fox are Brexiteers and it's clear they are thick.

A very pathetic answer to a genuine question.

Want to read more carefully and try again? Or do you just not have an answer?

---------- Post added 01-06-2018 at 23:12 ----------

Accurate and succinct.

If you think that is a good answer to a genuine question, well it explains a lot.

theres two completely different sets of people, who want two completely different things

That's nonsense!

They look the same, they speak the same language, they have the same accent, they dress the same, they believe in the same god (those that can be bothered), they watch the same soaps and crappy talent shows on TV, they do the same lottery, they drink the same beer, they eat the same takeaways, they get the same illnesses, they drive the same cars, they pay the same gas and electricity bills, they vote in the same elections, they follow the same celebrities, they go through the same education system, they live in the same poor housing schemes, they tell the same jokes, they go to the same hospitals, they want the same things for their children, they have the same debts, they have the same bad diets, they follow the same sports.

If they lived next to each other in Hull, Harwich or Harlesden you wouldn't be able to tell them apart! It is only the bizarre constitutional situation they find themselves in which has forced any differences on them.

Accurate and succinct.

And stupid on many levels.

When my kids were toddlers they tried to stick their fingers in electric sockets. They wanted to but obviously it was kinder to stop them.

Same with Brexiters. They want something they don’t understand. It will damage them and everyone they know. But they want it anyway. Regardless of the consequences.

Never Irish.

Accurate and succinct.

Euhmmm just putting these posts together and pointing this out:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-36614443

NI didn't vote out.