The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Trump will take us to the cleaners.

He’s an economic nationalist. The special relationship counts for nothing with him and there won’t be any favours from him

I hope our leaders are too.

Wasn't one of the lawyers who authored Article 50 in the first place, on the telly last year saying that the government seemed to have no real understanding of its operation and that in all likelihood its triggering would not be legally binding?

Only in your dreams.

Angel1.

Fear not. Theresa May has a cunning plan to yet again kick the ball into the long grass by asking Barnier if we can put Article 50 on hold for a strictly time limited transitional period of the next 5,000 years.
Can't be done beyond 30 March 2019. For love or money. Simple as. Really. Really-really. You're out come 30 March 2019.

I have nothing to fear: we left the place last February. Everything sold up (house, cars, etc. with proceeds now offshored) and what's left moved/offshored, nothing left in the UK what-so-ever, bar a current account with pennies on, to use when we visit family in the place.

Didn't have to be this way...but we are where we are. So that's that. Us economic migrants have a knack for sensing wind changes early on (we left Ireland months -not a lot of them- before the 2008 GFC hit them).

Next objective: hoover up all the EU business from my ex-UK firm and its UK competitors. Already started/under way, rest shan't take long.

Edited by L00b

Can't be done beyond 30 March 2019. For love or money. Simple as. Really. Really-really. You're out come 30 March 2019.

I have nothing to fear: we left the place last February. Everything sold up (house, cars, etc. with proceeds now offshored) and what's left moved/offshored, nothing left in the UK what-so-ever, bar a current account with pennies on, to use when we visit family in the place.

Didn't have to be this way...but we are where we are. So that's that. Us economic migrants have a knack for sensing wind changes early on (we left Ireland months -not a lot of them- before the 2008 GFC hit them).

Next objective: hoover up all the EU business from my ex-UK firm and its UK competitors. Already started/under way, rest shan't take long.

Congratulations

Won't be long before we aren't in the G7 so no problems there...

Funny you should mention that. Global growth of the Euro zone is in course to be 7.9% in the short term. The UK is going to be 1.6%.

As you can see, we have a superb bargaining position to start from.

India has already broken into the top 7 economies of the world with Brazil threatening to do so. France and Italy will take over the UK if the Euro zone continues growing as it is relative to the UK. It is only a matter of time.

Edited by ez8004

India has already broken into the top 7 economies of the world with Brazil threatening to do so. France and Italy will take over the UK if the Euro zone continues growing as it is relative to the UK. It is only a matter of time.

I suspect that a lot of the Brextremists on here are little Englanders who have a misty eyed view of the empire.

We as a small nation, are massively punching above our weight economically and this is largely because of our history as an imperial power. If even the least catastrophic economic forecasts for a post Brexit Britain come too pass, we will end up as an economic also ran.

That will be one hell of a legacy for a movement driven largely by economic nationalism!

Be careful what you wish for.

I suspect that a lot of the Brextremists on here are little Englanders who have a misty eyed view of the empire.

We as a small nation, are massively punching above our weight economically and this is largely because of our history as an imperial power. If even the least catastrophic economic forecasts for a post Brexit Britain come too pass, we will end up as an economic also ran.

That will be one hell of a legacy for a movement driven largely by economic nationalism!

Be careful what you wish for.

"if" .................