The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

The man who was born in Leeds has more of a claim because his parents will have paid into the system.

That is an utterly ridiculous argument.

His parents reaped the benefit of those payments during the time they were working. We have a large deficit therefore the money needed to provide services and infrastructure now needs to raised now. The Leeds born man's parents money has been spent. It is not sitting in some government high interest savings account for future generations.

That is an utterly ridiculous argument.

His parents reaped the benefit of those payments during the time they were working. We have a large deficit therefore the money needed to provide services and infrastructure now needs to raised now. The Leeds born man's parents money has been spent. It is not sitting in some government high interest savings account for future generations.

His parents will have paid for his generation, just like your parents will have paid for yours.

Their parents will have paid for theirs.

But with the aging population, there are not enough people in employment paying into the system to pay for the future. So we need more people in jobs paying into the system, but the UK population doesn't appear to want to work in the fields picking fruit etc, and now, thanks to Brexit, nor do the europeans.

So either we reduce our standard of living for the future, or we allow more immigrants into the country.

I am glad we are in control eh?

Thanks to the David Cameron and the Leavers, we are heading out of the G7, we might get into the equivalent of the championship, but it won't be for long.

The man who was born in Leeds has more of a claim because his parents will have paid into the system.

I am probably paying into the system more than your you or your parents ever did. So do I have more claim than you ever will?

Total nonsense as usual from you.

My parents were both poor, my mother received care later in life; compare that to a rich couple. We can only go so far with taxes paid in, even someone that has paid in very little, we want to create a better country for all.

But with the aging population, there are not enough people in employment paying into the system to pay for the future. So we need more people in jobs paying into the system, but the UK population doesn't appear to want to work in the fields picking fruit etc, and now, thanks to Brexit, nor do the europeans.

So either we reduce our standard of living for the future, or we allow more immigrants into the country.

I am glad we are in control eh?

Thanks to the David Cameron and the Leavers, we are heading out of the G7, we might get into the equivalent of the championship, but it won't be for long.

You let more into the country the pyramid gets higher, you need more at the bottom to keep it up, so you let more in, how wide do you want it.

You let more into the country the pyramid gets higher, you need more at the bottom to keep it up, so you let more in, how wide do you want it.

surely letting in more immigrants who work is what you just said then? not many will go higher, most will be around the bottom of the pyramid? :huh::suspect::help:

UK age profile not very pyramid shaped though is it?

https://www.indexmundi.com/united_kingdom/age_structure.html

Quite a bulge that are going to be pensioners in the next 5 - 20 years (unless austerity politics kills loads more off)- and not a very wide base to replace them with - where are the extra workers going to come from?

UK age profile not very pyramid shaped though is it?

https://www.indexmundi.com/united_kingdom/age_structure.html

Quite a bulge that are going to be pensioners in the next 5 - 20 years (unless austerity politics kills loads more off)- and not a very wide base to replace them with - where are the extra workers going to come from?

So if you let in more 30+ the pyramid gets fatter towards the top, that little un at the bottom is going to be bowlegged.

---------- Post added 09-06-2018 at 21:41 ----------

My parents were both poor, my mother received care later in life; compare that to a rich couple. We can only go so far with taxes paid in, even someone that has paid in very little, we want to create a better country for all.

Who kept you till working age?