The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

So if you let in more 30+ the pyramid gets fatter towards the top, that little un at the bottom is going to be bowlegged.

why do you brexiters always twist things? why do you think immigrants always start at the top LOL, you live in a strange world

You seem to have forgotten about all the previous warnings about bickering, insults, digs and personal comments.

Stay on topic and discuss the subject not each other, unless you want your accounts suspending.

It's under 30's we need - I think that's pretty obvious from the chart.

So we only need under 30's our own can't get jobs only underpaid ones and the under 25's can't easily get accommodation sort of cut's the window down a bit, what do you suggest we go back to Victorian times sending under ten's to work?

My Dad and his extended family, with very little state help, unlike todays poor.

Then I presume your dad and his extended family paid some tax and national insurance so they paid into the system from the day you were born.

Then I presume your dad and his extended family paid some tax and national insurance so they paid into the system from the day you were born.

It does not work like that. You don’t build up credit in the benefits system from the contributions of your ancestors.

I can see you might be arguing this from a moral perspective. But it doesn’t work like that either.

Further conversation.

Leaver:What has the EU ever done for us.

Remainer :Brought us 70 years of peace in Europe

Oh dear, this again. I thought even the most ardent EU supporter had abandoned this claim.

WW2 ended in 1945. The EEC came into being in 1957, twelve years later. The EU hasn't even existed for 70 years, let alone prevented war in Europe for 70 years.

Yes, there have been no wars between EU members. But the EU has not "brought us 70 years of peace in Europe".

It did not prevent Turkey invading Cyprus in 1974.

It did not prevent the civil war in Yugoslavia.

It did not prevent the war in the Ukraine.

Claims like this don't do the pro-EU camp any favours. The presence of NATO forces in Europe had a lot more to do with keeping the Russians out than anything else, for instance.

It does not work like that. You don’t build up credit in the benefits system from the contributions of your ancestors.

I can see you might be arguing this from a moral perspective. But it doesn’t work like that either.

Who's contributions started it?

God, even for you that's a stupid statement.

And in no way based on fact.

George Osbourne did in fact abandon his plans for achieving a budget surplus by the end of the decade under austerity just a few weeks after the referendum vote. The Labour party referred to this Brexit inspired decision as 'failed Tory austerity'.

UK austerity would have been more severe if people didn't vote to leave the organisation that champions austerity - the EU.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jul/01/george-osborne-scraps-2020-budget-surplus-plan