The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

It doesn’t work like that. You get no credit for what your parents put in. There is no right to anything other than what the rules allow, and your parents contributions are not part of the rules, and heritage counts for nothing.

It’s all funded out of annual taxation anyway. You don’t add to anything. For some benefits your own previous contributions may entitle you to that benefit, but those previous contributions are not stashed away somewhere waiting for you to use them - the government will meet their obligations from taxation revenue.

Part of which your parents will have paid before you paid a penny.

---------- Post added 10-06-2018 at 16:02 ----------

So anyone who pays in to the welfare state should be able to get benefits for themselves and their kids from the welfare state then?

That will be decided by the powers that be.

Part of which your parents will have paid before you paid a penny.

---------- Post added 10-06-2018 at 16:02 ----------

That will be decided by the powers that be.

It doesn’t matter what your parents paid. Whatever they paid is not still in a pot somewhere. What they paid previously gives you no special privilege.

Just explain why you are arguing this point.

Is it that you think people with U.K. heritage should be treated differently?

UK austerity would have been more severe if people didn't vote to leave the organisation that champions austerity - the EU.

So what does the future hold post Brexit? - you seem to be able to see into the future - a future that won't be happening.

What are next weeks lottery numbers?

It doesn’t matter what your parents paid. Whatever they paid is not still in a pot somewhere. What they paid previously gives you no special privilege.

Just explain why you are arguing this point.

Is it that you think people with U.K. heritage should be treated differently?

It seems that's what you think otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned it.

It seems that's what you think otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned it.

I’m wondering if you think that, and that is why I’m asking.

I can see the attraction of that idea to some, but if you understand how entitlements work and how benefits are funded then it has no relevance.

So what does the future hold post Brexit?

As I've previously posted:

a. the future is yet to happen; so

b. it's changeable, by definition; and

c. nobody can see into it; hence

d. the future repercussions of 'brexit' are not a reason to support or oppose it.

As I've previously posted:

a. the future is yet to happen; so

b. it's changeable, by definition; and

c. nobody can see into it; hence

d. the future repercussions of 'brexit' are not a reason to support or oppose it.

Arron Banks seemed to have envisioned a future in Russian gold mining.

OF COURSE IT BLOODY DOES sigh

if it looks like its gonna destroy your economy and way of life you dont jump in with both legs surely? :suspect:

Even he knows nothing about the future- that applies to all banks.

Maybe Banks knew that his future wealth could be improved by Brexit if he delivered what the Russians wanted.

There have always been questions about his wealth.