The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Not on such a grand scale but still affecting people's lives, my vet is German and pre referendum she and her partner were planning a massive investment in their practice. Modern vitnery surgery is incredibly high tech and she was looking to borrow half a million for new equipment and buildings. Now it's pretty certain that in the end, some reciprocal arrangement will be agreed about the rights of EU nationals but that sadly is not good enough for her bank. If she can't demonstrate NOW that after March next year she will still have the right to live and work in the UK, they will not lend her the money.

So she's off back to Germany in December. Well done all you leave voters in Barnsley. You have just seen off one of the finest vets in South Yorkshire. :(

Yes , ive heard hordes of vets are lining up to leave . Whatever will we do :roll:

---------- Post added 11-06-2018 at 23:57 ----------

That one caught my eye, although in fairness the plant itself will still be gettiing massive investment and job losses aren't likely to be huge.

So ez8004 could be accused of more scaremongering ? :)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44438846

JLR moving a production line out from the Midlands to Slovakia. So it begins.

This is on the back of Rolls-Royce considering moving its engine design approval to Germany in order to access the EU market by abiding by EU regulations.

The car industry is going to get destroyed because EU car makers are already warned from buying UK manufactured components because they will no longer count towards the quota of parts that can qualify the cars from being from the EU in origin.

Let’s celebrate these job losses.

well it does save all those slovakians trudging all the way over here for a job i suppose

Did you mix this part of the article=

The Solihull factory, where the Discovery is manufactured, will be used to build a new generation of Range Rover models, the firm said.

The company warned that there may be some job losses in the UK as a result.

JLR - which is owned by the Indian group Tata Motors - said that it remained "committed to the UK".

:rolleyes:

The Solihull factory, where the Discovery is manufactured, will be used to build a new generation of Range Rover models, the firm said.

JLR - which is owned by the Indian group Tata Motors - said that it remained "committed to the UK".

Conveniently missed that out :huh:

Yes , ive heard hordes of vets are lining up to leave . Whatever will we do :roll:

---------- Post added 11-06-2018 at 23:57 ----------

Hope you haven't got a sick animal.

---------- Post added 12-06-2018 at 00:29 ----------

Conveniently missed that out :huh:

So foreign owned JLR "is committed to the Uk" but wants to see other factories ;) Yeah, I went out with girl like that.

So not THAT committed then, or indeed AS committed as it was. I wonder why they're moving production out to Slovakia?

<...> I wonder why they're moving production out to Slovakia?
Same reasons Top cat’s vet is moving to Germany: certainty of legal and commercial circumstance, and more resilient RoI timescale.

I heard the Sheffield firm that I left in February is down professional staff and clients already (had a few U.K. and overseas ones knocking on my door here since). Entirely as forecast in earlier contributions. Too bad.

Same reasons Top cat’s vet is moving to Germany: certainty of legal and commercial circumstance, and more resilient RoI timescale.

I heard the Sheffield firm that I left in February is down professional staff and clients already (had a few U.K. and overseas ones knocking on my door here since). Entirely as forecast in earlier contributions. Too bad.

Once Brexit is delivered and all of the uncertainties have been removed there will be a period of adjustment and then we will be fine. Those people that are hardcore Remainers who just want to dismiss Brexit entirely for their own selfish and political reasons will keep on trying to shock and scare us into believing that the consequences of leaving a long past its prime political and economic union are just too terrible.

They won't scare me. And with each prediction of disaster being proved false they won't scare an increasing number of people who once believed their fictional doomsday scenarios.

We are Leaving the EU. We knew it wouldn't be easy, that the EU and it's fanatical supporters would make it as difficult for us as possible. But we knew it would be worth it.

"The EU is an attempt to replace the democratic power of the people with a permanent administration in the interests of big business. Everything else is a smokescreen." Kate Hoey.

i know, i read that bit, thats why i was taking the **** :hihi:

---------- Post added 12-06-2018 at 09:51 ----------

and it's fanatical supporters

looked in the mirror recently?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44438846

JLR moving a production line out from the Midlands to Slovakia. So it begins.

This is on the back of Rolls-Royce considering moving its engine design approval to Germany in order to access the EU market by abiding by EU regulations.

The car industry is going to get destroyed because EU car makers are already warned from buying UK manufactured components because they will no longer count towards the quota of parts that can qualify the cars from being from the EU in origin.

Let’s celebrate these job losses.

We were warned in the most serious terms that voting to Leave the EU would cause an economic shock in which 500,000 - 820,000 jobs would be lost. Purely on a vote to Leave. Since June 2016 over 500,000 jobs have actually been created.

There has not been a recession as we were informed a vote to Leave would cause. Government finances are at their healthiest since the financial crisis.