The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

This made me laugh:

Wetherspoon to stop selling champagne ahead of Brexit

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44465657

Where to begin tearing it apart? I bet they sell very little, its all Cava and Proscecco - which is conveniently not mentioned. If I'm not mistaken, they're also produced in EU countries and are very cheap to buy wholesale and knock out for a tenner.

And stopping German beers for British ones? Remind me how his little plan to stop selling Heineken worked out.

Does remind me of when Wetherspoons were publicising British beef products being sold in their pubs. An investigation found that their steaks were made from African Zebu.

You begin by simply never going in there.

#dumpthespoons it can't be that tricky. I never knew it was run by such a narrow minded little Englander though...

"I've just cancelled a booking for a large party in the local Wetherspoons"

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

This whole situation is quite simple. The British people voted to LEAVE . That mean OUT , totally , no half measures, no deals with the foreigners in Brussels ,no keeping certain parts of the EU . Out means Out . Walk away , goodbye and good riddance to the foreign dictators in Brussels.

I dont think a lot of our MP`s get it . OUT means OUT.

Nope. Anyone who voted out gave the government a mandate to leave, but does not have any say as to what form the exit will take. It was the voting equivalent of signing a blank cheque, and letting someone else then fill in the details.

This whole situation is quite simple. The British people voted to LEAVE . That mean OUT , totally , no half measures, no deals with the foreigners in Brussels ,no keeping certain parts of the EU . Out means Out . Walk away , goodbye and good riddance to the foreign dictators in Brussels.

I dont think a lot of our MP`s get it . OUT means OUT.

Was this you?

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/listeners-labelled-call-from-a-ukipper-greatest/

got it.

a hard irish border.

out of Horizon 2020

no access to the CAP.

etc.

at least it's coherent strategy, i think we'd all be grateful if the government had half that clarity!

Not sure how this happened, but an amendment to keep us in single market appears to have been passed

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2018/jun/13/brexit-parliament-wont-be-allowed-to-take-charge-of-talks-in-no-deal-scenario-minister-tells-tory-rebels-politics-live?page=with:block-5b2119ede4b06f2cac87b74d#block-5b2119ede4b06f2cac87b74d

Perhaps this is what happens when you don’t allocate enough time to debate things properly

The EU side have said that we can't stay in the SM or CU without excepting free movement. So why are people advocating this ? If this is the outcome we will have to do what the EU say with no choice in the matter. If the UK needs certain skills to work here then make them welcome but we must be able to choose.

The EU side have said that we can't stay in the SM or CU without excepting free movement. So why are people advocating this ? If this is the outcome we will have to do what the EU say with no choice in the matter. If the UK needs certain skills to work here then make them welcome but we must be able to choose.

*accepting.

I am going to drag a very, very old point that I have made an awful lot, out of the bag of surprises: The Dutch, who are very much in Europe, have a fully accepted system whereby EU migrants have to contribute into the system before being entitled to state benefits. They also have the right, again, fully accepted, to tell people who can not sustain themselves, despite being EU citizens, are no longer welcome.

Here is an even bigger surprise, it is not just the Dutch with that system, it is the vast majority of EU countries. Biggest exception - the UK. Reason the UK is the biggest exception? Because the government (The UK government!) did not understand or wilfully ignored the fact that they had that choice.