The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

So a foot in each camp, sensible thinking,

"As part of the restructuring, AIG will transfer all of AEL’s existing UK insurance business to the new UK insurance company, and at the same time, will transfer AEL’s existing European business to the new Luxembourg company.

The proposed restructure will be undertaken through a legal process combining an insurance business transfer (known as a Part VII Transfer) and a cross-border merger, which is subject to regulatory and court approvals. We will be writing to policyholders, claimants, brokers, and other interested parties from April 2018 to provide details of the proposed restructure, and how it may impact them.

Following the restructure, AIG will have one entity in the UK to write UK business and one in Luxembourg to write business in EEA countries and Switzerland through its branch network."

You’re deluded with no concept of the reality.

Sorry but it’s the truth.

They are moving the site where they conduct ALL European business to Luxembourg. People and the businesses that they form move across borders, who knew? What an alien concept. You'll probably arrive at the next conclusion that a colleague of mine took: If they leave we should fine them. Even better position than drawing up the bridge and influencing trade, this way you'll definitely stop all inward investment. Just what a 'global' country needs.

I suppose BMW doesn't bother you either? shame that this is death number 2 for both Mini and Rolls if you get your way.

Pressure will continue to rack up - business planning involves years, not months and certainly not weeks. This is where you and the government are incredibly naive and show a complete lack of awareness of how large organisations work.

Show me the workable solutions Peter, because so far you are clutching at straws.

So the company is opening a new department in the EU.

There is no straw clutching at all, now show me where it says job losses.

It seems the straw clutching is by you and the other losers on here.

So the company is opening a new department in the EU.

There is no straw clutching at all, now show me where it says job losses.

It seems the straw clutching is by you and the other losers on here.

do you understand when a company moves their whole operations abroad, they dont normally take most of their staff with them?

do you understand when a company moves their whole operations abroad, they dont normally take most of their staff with them?

They are not moving their whole operations, may be a bit beyond your intelligence level.

They are not moving their whole operations, may be a bit beyond your intelligence level.

They are moving all their European business to Luxembourg. They don't gain popularity with their customers in the UK by spelling out they will release thousands of people, so they don't spell it out.

How about the BMW and Airbus warnings?

Goggles. Off.

They are moving all their European business to Luxembourg. They don't gain popularity with their customers in the UK by spelling out they will release thousands of people, so they don't spell it out.

How about the BMW and Airbus warnings?

Goggles. Off.

This from last year,

https://www.insurancebusinessmag.com/uk/news/breaking-news/will-aig-axe-more-jobs-due-to-brexit-63531.aspx

and this,

https://www.insurancejournal.com/news/international/2018/04/20/486917.htm

Your argument reminds me of a man who has £100,000 stolen from his safe and then says "Look over here! The burglar has dropped his wallet on the way out and there's a tenner in it. Result!!!" :D

Your argument reminds me of a man who has £100,000 stolen from his safe and then says "Look over here! The burglar has dropped his wallet on the way out and there's a tenner in it. Result!!!" :D

Yours reminds me of the burglar, thick as a plank leaving his wallet behind.