The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Where does it say job losses?

Here:

As part of the restructuring, AIG will transfer all of AEL’s existing UK insurance business to the new UK insurance company, and at the same time, will transfer AEL’s existing European business to the new Luxembourg company.

All of this business was conducted by people employed in the UK, so this move clearly means job losses for the UK & job gains for Luxembourg.

Simple... init :suspect:

---------- Post added 22-06-2018 at 19:45 ----------

Yours reminds me of the burglar, thick as a plank leaving his wallet behind.

Lol, how embarrasing for you :blush:

I'm fairly sure that 'no job losses' and 'jobs moving to Luxembourg' are not mutually exclusive. Remember where I said that it is easy for people on 100K a year moving for their job? Quite attractive for an American company that no doubt hires a large amount of people that are not British. A friend from the Netherlands worked for a bank in Amsterdam, then for RBS in London, got laid off in the restructure, moved to a job where she made 30% more in London for an American bank, moved to the US, got offered a job by a Swiss bank, took that for another 50% increase, hated life in Switzerland and moved to Frankfurt for a slightly lower salary.

That is within 3 years of moving to RBS and is very, very common for high profile finance people, high level programmers, scientists and so on. Morale of the story - we live in a global economy.

How about BMW and Airbus? Blinkers?

Edited by tzijlstra

I'm fairly sure that 'no job losses' and 'jobs moving to Luxembourg' are not mutually exclusive. Remember where I said that it is easy for people on 100K a year moving for their job? Quite attractive for an American company that no doubt hires a large amount of people that are not British. A friend from the Netherlands worked for a bank in Amsterdam, then for RBS in London, got laid off in the restructure, moved to a job where she made 30% more in London for an American bank, moved to the US, got offered a job by a Swiss bank, took that for another 50% increase, hated life in Switzerland and moved to Frankfurt for a slightly lower salary.

That is within 3 years of moving to RBS and is very, very common for high profile finance people, high level programmers, scientists and so on. Morale of the story - we live in a global economy.

How about BMW and Airbus? Blinkers?

What company is Blinkers ?

What company is Blinkers ?

The one that is going to make a smashing profit out of people like you. They'll produce blinkers in Slovakia with a little Union Jack on one side and 350 million for the NHS on the other.

Here:

All of this business was conducted by people employed in the UK, so this move clearly means job losses for the UK & job gains for Luxembourg.

Simple... init :suspect:

---------- Post added 22-06-2018 at 19:45 ----------

Lol, how embarrasing for you :blush:

It appears you are as the UK business will still be there, and the existing EU business will be absorbed by their new EU branch.

Are you embarrassed you can't spell embarrassing.

It appears you are as the UK business will still be there, and the existing EU business will be absorbed by their new EU branch.

You still don’t get it.

Insurer AIG currently writes business in Europe from UK-based insurance company AIG Europe Ltd.

The "existing EU business" was done in the UK until Brexit, so as before, job losses for the UK.

I can see why you're shrieking and grasping desperately, your choice is stark... soon you'll have to eat humble pie, face the reality that you are more stupid than you ever realised and then hope that those of us who voted to remain will save your bacon :hihi:

Edited by Magilla